New Purchase(non automotive)

1stKill

just purchased a Canon EOS 450d digital SLR camera with the twin lens kit and all the bells & whistles,anyone used or own this model? be interested in any comments or tips p.s i told the missus it for all occasions not just for the car or any annual club meets that might be approaching :D

just purchased a Canon EOS 450d digital SLR camera with the twin lens kit and all the bells & whistles,anyone used or own this model? be interested in any comments or tips p.s i told the missus it for all occasions not just for the car or any annual club meets that might be approaching :D

This camera is a beaut for a entry level in the canon edition, had one as a spare for my 40d and I usually carried this around only because it was lighter lol.

My tip is just shoot away as many picture as you can to get use to all the modes :D

In my opinion this matches up to a Nikon D80 or better for its pricing, good choice plus its made in Japan not Thailand for what your spending! my 2c.

Edited by jaems

This camera is a beaut for a entry level in the canon edition, had one as a spare for my 40d and I usually carried this around only because it was lighter lol.

My tip is just shoot away as many picture as you can to get use to all the modes :D

In my opinion this matches up to a Nikon D80 or better for its pricing, good choice plus its made in Japan not Thailand for what your spending! my 2c.

thanks for the reply mate.my choices were the PENTAX K20,CANON EOS450D,NIKON D90, i tried to workout the best bang for my buck and hopefully i made the right choice.im very happy so far with it and the made in japan(body & lenses)was the deal sealer,it was offered with a sigma lens kit but i chose the japanese canon lenses instead,being a beginner i hope i made the right choice.p.s im taken photos of everything & anything at the moment driving everyone nutz.