Oil Change rip off!

Just came back from Toyota to ask to change the oil and oil filter.

It's gone 5000 km so far.

They wanna charge me $110 for the oil and filter and labour....WTF!! :o

Last time they did it for $60. She says...That was without the labour....

$50 extra to screw 1 bolt and screw off oil filter. What a joke!

I told them to shove it up their *****! :angry: ....(well something to that affect) <_<

That really is outfrigginrageous !!!!!

Come on..name the dealer so we wont go there either !

15 minutes of time and two flicks of a wrist by a junior apprentice on $11.00 ph = $50.00...that's $200.00 per hour !!

Name the dealer....

This is at Warren Toyota at Liverpool. <_<

Their service is OK though but the prices are just ridiculous!

How much is it suppose to be to change the oil and filter?

Coz I'd rather go to another Toyota service center to get the oil changed. Already done 5000k's.

The first 1000k service .. the labour was free....after that they charge.

Has anyone changed the oil at 5000k's and how much did it cost?

hey guys

why dont u change to oil yourself every 5000km?

i have been doing that on my sportivo and my previous cars as well.

the oil for the sportivo costs a fair bit - $40 odd bucks, the filter $20.

it takes me 15mins to do.

i cant use my car ramps anymore thou coz i lowered my car and the front skirt will scrape :( so i drive the car under the patio and let the front hang over the path so i can squeeze under the car lying on the grass :lol:

You are clearly lacking the 31337 sK1llz.

Matt: What does the 31337 mean?? :blink::huh:

Turn the 3's rount and use the 7 as a T it says eleet or elite as it is spelled in non 1337 speak.

1337 is a short version of elite.

Using these number and symbol replacements is called Leet speak or rather 1337 speak

Hey Stoopid Head....

1) is the sump plug easy to loosen up, and do you always replace the crush washer ???

2) What do you use to remove the oil filter...apparently it's a bugger to get to, and the only way is to work underneath and use one of those clawgrip type removers with an extension socket...is this right ??

3)How long do you let it drain for ?? and do you use synthetic ??

Cheers mate..

You are clearly lacking the 31337 sK1llz.

Matt: What does the 31337 mean?? :blink::huh:

Turn the 3's rount and use the 7 as a T it says eleet or elite as it is spelled in non 1337 speak.

1337 is a short version of elite.

Using these number and symbol replacements is called Leet speak or rather 1337 speak

hahahahahahaha :lol:

Brings me back to the days of high school using the calculator to spell words out :lol: e.g. 80085, 80081355 :ph34r:

yes the plug is easy to loosen.

yes i replace the washer with each change the cost $1.00, however the fools from toyota service department did not even use a washer when the did my 10k services.

the oil filter is extremely easy to get to its at the front of the engine with good access, however u do need a adjustable clawgrips to make things easier, i undid mine by hand as it wasnt on too tight.

i let it drain for 10mins and use the vvti oil from toyota.

peace out

Exec,,I'm sure ura top bloke 'n'all but pls dont patronise me.

iF ANY dude here asks a polite question, with respect to all, he deserves a helpful response.

An oil starved seize on a 96 Camry cost my mate $7000.00 for an engine rebuild at Frankston Toyota five years ago...how much would a similar rebuild cost on an IZZ-Fe or Sportivo motor cost today ??? I'm seriously suggesting $10,000 plus..

We need to look after everyone here, we're all anonymous mates, at all levels of knowlege and competence if we do any other we'll scare good folk away from this MB an just be Coolsie dudes....

Respect 'an no offence Exec If u know the the answers, let us know too we just ask politely ...Easy.

Some of you folks really should get some Skillz... :huh: Seriously if you cant change your own oil then you gotta get outta the modded car scene... :rolleyes:

Dude, I have noted your smilies and also knowing you on here I know you are joking but I bought the stivo so I don't have to do anything to it, get out of the modded car scene????. dude my car is not modded, if I wanted to mod a car I would buy a pre 1980 vehicle and mod it but I have been there and done that before.

Respect

Blade

I had a mate that had a modded car and it was off the road more than on it. Just when he thought that he had it just right he would take it for a spin and something would always go wrong. Im like the other guys, if i wanted to mod a car for $30,000 i could have bought an old car and put $30,000 into it. But in the end u still have an old car with old technology just re-worked.

I guess the point im getting at is we bought a new car because we dont want headaches.

Martin.. You just love gettin on the band wagon dont you.. Im not saying Im any guru... But WTF would you shell 110 bills on something that takes 15mins and 50 bills ??... Hardly what Id call good ecconomics... With all this talk and questions about this and that I can only assume that most of you have some sort of interest in your cars... But bugger getting every single thing done by somebody else...

If your car is lowered thats a mod ?? if you have a sticker on your car thats a mod ?? You change the stereo thats a mod ?? Whether you folks know it or not you are smack bang in the middle of the "Modded" car scene right here... Just by talking bout it.. :o Some of you are obvisously experiencing the bug for the first time and it shows... ;) Dont worry you ll get over the 100s of thousands of dollars youll spend on cars in this lifetime....

You guys take some things all a little to seriously... :blink:

I think I may just chill out for while on my posting... My sarcasm bleeds through all to often....

Sorry if I offended anybody that would never be my intention... :P

Cheers,

Matt

good to hear.

but im just wondering, what u mean about being in the modded car scene?

are u not saying ur not in the modded car scene? :unsure:

i kno im in the modded car scene, the scene im not in is the ricey scene, with stickers, cameleon paint :angry: and other **** all over my car.

peace.