BC coilovers

wil_rolla

hey guys,

as some of you guys know i just got a set of BR series BC coilovers fitted into my car,, they have only been in for about 1 week, and got my alignment done yesterday..

i got the BR series as the VH series is abit old now..

they come with pillow ball top mounts with camber adjustment, hight adjustable, and 30 clicks damper adjustable bla bla..

the standard spring rates are 8kg-Front and 5kg-Rear,,, which was too much for me,, so i got 5kg-Front and 4kg-Rear.. i think pedders are 2.8kg front and 3kg rears.. << correct me if i'm wrong..

coming from pedders springs with stock shocks, it was noticably firmer..but not harsh.. however if you want comfort i don't think these are for you.. the first thing that i noticed was not the firm ride but the road noise.. after fitting these the road noise was more noticable..

i like to run on about 15 clicks from full soft, cause the car seems to settle better after bumps.. but it's abit firm for my country roads.. on the freeway i have them set softer, at about 5 clicks from full soft..

the build quality was good and ever thing seems to work well..

all in all, i'm very happy, i'd give it an 8/10..

will let everyone know how i go as time goes by... and i'm planing to take it out to Winton on Q's b'day..

cheers wil

(i'll post up some pic's when i get my camera back)

Edited by wil_rolla

awesome! do they get really low? im thinking of getting myself a set of BC's too for the following reasons:

1. to get my car really low (1 to no finger gap in between tyre n body) lol

2. to have better handling

3. to reduce sag or bounce because my king springs sag and bounce heaps when i have passengers in the back! (I want it to be really stiff that it will hurt my back! lol)

how much did you pay for them? i was quoted $1500

awesome! do they get really low? im thinking of getting myself a set of BC's too for the following reasons:

1. to get my car really low (1 to no finger gap in between tyre n body) lol

2. to have better handling

3. to reduce sag or bounce because my king springs sag and bounce heaps when i have passengers in the back! (I want it to be really stiff that it will hurt my back! lol)

how much did you pay for them? i was quoted $1500

You can get it about 1200 - 1300 delivered from eBay.

Wil, how about if you set it to the softest setting? How does it feel? When you say noise is it only when its compressing or just generally?

danstar,,

if you want really low,, then these are for you... out of the box, the set hight is pretty low already,, 1 finger gap front and back... and the fronts can still drop another 8-10cm!!!! i'm sure you'll be draging your front bumper if you drop it that low,, and the back can still drop about 5cm more..

these will stop that bounce that your talking about (i use to get it with my pedders) and i'm sure these will be more then hard enough, i haven't gone pass 20 clicks from full soft yet but they get pretty damn hard.. i think these would suit wat your looking for..

Guni,,

theres no noise at all from the coilovers,, it just road noise,, mainly cause theres no rubber used at all...you can just hear and feel the wheels on the road more.. it's better cause you get more feedback from the steering wheel..

on full soft they are only slightly stiffer then my pedders on stock shocks.. (but no where near as soft as my standard "boat" suspension)

on full soft my miss's only noticed a difference when we went over large hard bumps, like railway crossing or ripple strips..

i think its cause these shocks have less travel then stock shocks, so they don't absorb as much...

i also run high tyre pressure 38psi..

i can't imagine them being harder then the cusco's, as they are 7kg fronts and 5kg rears..

as Guni said they are way cheaper from ebay.. but i didn't get them from ebay i got them from OTR,, i paid abit more but if i have any problems (even after warranty is out) i have a workshop that i can take them to and they provide full service and replacement parts..

Edited by wil_rolla

danstar,,

if you want really low,, then these are for you... out of the box, the set hight is pretty low already,, 1 finger gap front and back... and the fronts can still drop another 8-10cm!!!! i'm sure you'll be draging your front bumper if you drop it that low,, and the back can still drop about 5cm more..

these will stop that bounce that your talking about (i use to get it with my pedders) and i'm sure these will be more then hard enough, i haven't gone pass 20 clicks from full soft yet but they get pretty damn hard.. i think these would suit wat your looking for..

Guni,,

theres no noise at all from the coilovers,, it just road noise,, mainly cause theres no rubber used at all...you can just hear and feel the wheels on the road more.. it's better cause you get more feedback from the steering wheel..

on full soft they are only slightly stiffer then my pedders on stock shocks.. (but no where near as soft as my standard "boat" suspension)

on full soft my miss's only noticed a difference when we went over large hard bumps, like railway crossing or ripple strips..

i think its cause these shocks have less travel then stock shocks, so they don't absorb as much...

i also run high tyre pressure 38psi..

i can't imagine them being harder then the cusco's, as they are 7kg fronts and 5kg rears..

as Guni said they are way cheaper from ebay.. but i didn't get them from ebay i got them from OTR,, i paid abit more but if i have any problems (even after warranty is out) i have a workshop that i can take them to and they provide full service and replacement parts..

awesome! i was planning to get them from OTR too! my brother got his BC's for 1500 from OTR dont know if that how much you paid too?

you guys are more then welcome to try my set next time i'm in melb..

oh no. where are u located again?

i'm 30min from winton,,, melbourne side.. just off the free way..

your heading this way soon arn't your guni?? for exe crew at winton??...

other wise i'm in melb every now and then..

so how much did you get them for and where from? im also located in melbourne and im really interested in getting coilovers. bc is within my budget as cusco is too freaking expensive brand new. haha

guni : i checked on ebay, cant seem to find any for sportivos. unless i missed out smth. haha

danstar : so you gonna get it from OTR for 1.5k?

anybody else knows where i can get this set of coilovers for a cheaper price? haha help much appreciated!

hrm dont know if this will be of any relevance but i think someone on the forum has some DMS coils for sale (apprantely they are the best coils u can get for the rolla - dont quote me)

all for 1500 delivered?

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...c=19206&hl=

a lil modification needed to fit but im sure these would be of better quality then BC or D2 or any other taiwanese brands..

guni : i checked on ebay, cant seem to find any for sportivos. unless i missed out smth. haha

anybody else knows where i can get this set of coilovers for a cheaper price? haha help much appreciated!

BC on eBay

all for 1500 delivered?

That price includes part & installation from OTR excluding alignment which you can easily get for 60 bucks or thereabouts.

I remember going there when I just had the Stivo and they recommended me that price.

you guys are more then welcome to try my set next time i'm in melb..

oh no. where are u located again?

i'm 30min from winton,,, melbourne side.. just off the free way..

your heading this way soon arn't your guni?? for exe crew at winton??...

other wise i'm in melb every now and then..

Yes I am mate. Still contemplating whether to stay the night there or just go very freaking early in the morning! :unsure:

Excited for sure. :yahoo:

Great. PM me when ur heading down next so that we can meet up. Really interested to test out those sussy.

Cheers.

BC on eBay

all for 1500 delivered?

That price includes part & installation from OTR excluding alignment which you can easily get for 60 bucks or thereabouts.

I remember going there when I just had the Stivo and they recommended me that price.

i guess you can look at it that way but just from my own pov... im sure u've been in a car with d2s and another ones with the cuscos zero2, and at the end of the day i think is you get what u pay for... you can argue bc could have rly good feedback and all (i never used one or seen one so i cant say they dont) but if i were thinking of getting a set of coils and the dms is around the same price and all.. i think i'd pay tht lil bit extra (considering installaiton wont be a pain in the ***** - if it is then i might steer clear)

thou, im not looking @ coils so yeh.. if the bc does what it says for a lower price then by all means!! good luck and a group buy might make it even MORE attractive :P price wise..

i can't remember exactly how much i paid,, cause i got front and rear RDA slotted rotors at the same.. i paid under 2k..

i think the coils were about 1600.. it's not as cheap as ebay, as i said, ebay is number 1 bargain.. and DMS for $1500 is a much better buy.. DMS is a high quality coilover,, and i'd even say better then cusco's.. DMS and Ohlins are well and truly above the 3k mark...

and the thing everyone needs to remember is that these are a BUDGET coilovers.

and to be honest i haven't been in another corolla with upgraded suspension... i'v only been in my corolla lol... :blink: ...

theres afew different places to get these.. one of which is OTR and the other is wholesale suspension in sydney.. i think they are abit cheaper.. i'v heard 1450, or so..

the BC's i got is the 01-07 Altis model..

i'm waiting for my camera to come back from canberra,, and i'll get some pic's up..

Edited by wil_rolla

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results....4/2009.WIN.S5.Y

check out 10th place...

easily the fastest sportivo around winton that i'v seen... :toast::toast:

oh and he also has BC coil's :whistling: ... but he uses 8kg front and 5kg rear..

this is an OTR day and i'd say about 1/3 of them use BC's.. including johnny in his STI (owner of OTR)

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results....4/2009.WIN.S5.Y

check out 10th place...

easily the fastest sportivo around winton that i'v seen... :toast::toast:

oh and he also has BC coil's :whistling: ... but he uses 8kg front and 5kg rear..

this is an OTR day and i'd say about 1/3 of them use BC's.. including johnny in his STI (owner of OTR)

Heard that sportivo was a timing error? He was apparently averaging 1:50's?

yeah i heard that there was a timing error and its actually 1.50s. lol i was shocked when i saw his time. plus.. my other friends which were on that track day was amazed when they saw the time for a sportivo. haha

lol,,, i knew something wasn't right... lol...

last time i was out at winton with him his best was a 1:48.. and when i saw that time i was shock'd... i was thinking must be massive up grade to cut 8sec around winton..

but it looks good on paper tho,,, lol...

dsc02264m.jpg

dsc022672.jpg

dsc022502.jpg

dsc022722s.jpg

dsc022542.jpg

hey guys,, i got some photo's up now... i'm a noob when it comes to puting pic's up.. :P .. hope it helps anyways..

it's abit hard to see cause my wheels are black,, but it sits pretty low.. this is before i adjusted it..

Edited by wil_rolla