ZRE Injen CAI

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

just letting you know i have ordered this intake through YDM in Sydney.

Shoudl b coming in a week or so. Will let you know and post some pics up of my rolla when its done!

how much?

hahaha!!! Already got one done!! LOL!!!

It'll sound gunn BRO!!!

Good Work Champ!!!

ZREs REPReZENT!!

post-10112-1245320943_thumb.jpg

post-10112-1245320969_thumb.jpg

Hey guys,

Shoudl b coming in a week or so. Will let you know and post some pics up of my rolla when its done!

how much?

It'll sound gunn BRO!!!

Good Work Champ!!!

ZREs REPReZENT!!

Is that the Injen one? it looks like it comes in 2 section?

Hey guys,

how much?

It'll sound gunn BRO!!!

Good Work Champ!!!

ZREs REPReZENT!!

it's not ken. he got it done locally at some shop.

jeremy, they sell in the states for about $300-320 USD. prob shipped to hear would be around $400. JDMyard tried to sell me one for $470 which I believe is a total jip.

Hey guys,

how much?

It'll sound gunn BRO!!!

Good Work Champ!!!

ZREs REPReZENT!!

jeremy, they sell in the states for about $300-320 USD. prob shipped to hear would be around $400. JDMyard tried to sell me one for $470 which I believe is a total jip.

Yeah bro got it done at Carline Mufflers... LOL!!

Hey guys,

how much?

It'll sound gunn BRO!!!

Good Work Champ!!!

ZREs REPReZENT!!

Yeah bro got it done at Carline Mufflers... LOL!!

that carline i went to get a quote in WA (Cannington to be more specifc) had two d1cks working in there.. I rather knock up my own exhaust with duct tape then going to them... Dont TRD have anything for the ZRE yet?

From what I gather it's only Injen (Part: SP2079) and a Weapon-R one from America which is a short ram intake and from what I heard aren't very reputable.

As you said it yourself, I'd rather pay more to get something I know has reputation. Not someone welding a few pieces of 2.5" pipes together.

From what I gather it's only Injen (Part: SP2079) and a Weapon-R one from America which is a short ram intake and from what I heard aren't very reputable.

As you said it yourself, I'd rather pay more to get something I know has reputation. Not someone welding a few pieces of 2.5" pipes together.

U dont have to HATE!!! Theres nothin wrong with my INTAKE!!! My mate also got his done n there isnt n e thin wrong wit his!!

Dont HATE guys!!! Not all Carline workers r D1CKs!!!

GTL05T.

U dont have to HATE!!! Theres nothin wrong with my INTAKE!!! My mate also got his done n there isnt n e thin wrong wit his!!

GTL05T.

no no !!!! i meant the one i went to.. i just tried to warn people.. but i must say good work of getting one done locally @ least you are enjoying it now while others still have theirs in a box somewhere..

GTL05T.

no no !!!! i meant the one i went to.. i just tried to warn people.. but i must say good work of getting one done locally @ least you are enjoying it now while others still have theirs in a box somewhere..

i'm not hating dude!! its just, the Carline place we went to over here in Perth are really pricks. major attitude problems :(

GTL05T.

i'm not hating dude!! its just, the Carline place we went to over here in Perth are really pricks. major attitude problems :(

Its all good bro!!! LOL!! How much were they chargin u?? The guy that did my intake is the owner of the shop his names bruno n he hooked me up!!! i kno him through mates so he hooks us up!! hes a DUDE!!! My mate just made a intake for his bros subabru rs n its so CLEAN!!! ill put sum pics up of the intake he made... I was chattin wit my mate n i told him i'd ask around on the forum to c if n e ZRE owners r interested in him makin a CAI.. If YES let me kno!!

GTL05T.

post-10112-1245493077_thumb.jpg

post-10112-1245493104_thumb.jpg

post-10112-1245493139_thumb.jpg

post-10112-1245493155_thumb.jpg

Edited by GTL05T

fusing stainless pipes like that is really easy and takes no time at all. The ones pictured have had too much heat put into them though and are undercut at the weld. He should have used some 1mm stainless mig wire as filler and gone with a faster travel speed if using that much heat. I'll bet the inside of the pipe at the weld is all sugared.

ok...

Here's a liberty I prepared earlier, no post-weld pickling past applied:

2009_04080001a.jpg

Here's two of my fuse welds after application of pickling paste (note, that's not my pipe alignment, I just welded it up :P) :

justins1.jpg

Another showing my welds on a custom 1zzfe header prior to facing:

TIG1.jpg

One of my 1JZ to stock MX83 intake pipes:

jzx83_bay2.jpg

etc etc etc... I was providing feedback on how your mate can improve his stainless welding, as the welds you pictured are easily improved with a bit of practise.

These intake pipes are seriously easy to make. The hardest part is machining the stainless MAF mount, but they can also be purchased pre-machined from the US if you really want: http://www.kstech.biz/servlet/the-Blow-dsh...nges/Categories

I can easily knock up a ZZE/ZRE intake in a month or two's time after the current projects are out of the way. I prefer to make mine in alloy though.

Edited by CHA54

ok...

Here's a liberty I prepared earlier, no post-weld pickling past applied:

2009_04080001a.jpg

Here's two of my fuse welds after application of pickling paste (note, that's not my pipe alignment, I just welded it up :P) :

justins1.jpg

Another showing my welds on a custom 1zzfe header prior to facing:

TIG1.jpg

One of my 1JZ to stock MX83 intake pipes:

jzx83_bay2.jpg

etc etc etc... I was providing feedback on how your mate can improve his stainless welding, as the welds you pictured are easily improved with a bit of practise.

These intake pipes are seriously easy to make. The hardest part is machining the stainless MAF mount, but they can also be purchased pre-machined from the US if you really want: http://www.kstech.biz/servlet/the-Blow-dsh...nges/Categories

I can easily knock up a ZZE/ZRE intake in a month or two's time after the current projects are out of the way. I prefer to make mine in alloy though.

Hey CHA54 that was the 1st tym hes made 1!!! I guess PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT RIGHT??? He'll get there 1 day... Where abouts u from??? If u wouldve told ppl that u could make up a CAI i wouldve came to u...LOL!

Hey guys,

Please do keep us updated!

Vinh

on the CES note, i also contacted them several months back and they said not one person has called or emailed them wanting a cai for the zre's, i was the first, they said they had the parts sitting in a box on the shelf collecting dust waiting for a test car to come up, they suggested i drive up and they would do a custom one for me, so i thought i'd see if anyone here was interested....again, no one said anything about wanting one...so i dropped it, couldn't be bothered to chase it when i'm not loaded up with cash, and now with work getting a lot tighter everywhere i have even less cash, if there is plenty of interest i'll head on up to queensland and get the ces cai tested in my car, i'm coming from ACT, so i've got a fair way to go so there'ed have to be enough people wanting it..... but as SB says, email/phone em and they may even organise a car up there....

otherwise let me know i'll take some time off work and have a holiday.

Dave

bull **** mate, nothing against you but CES are lying. I've emailed them twice (I've also mentioned this before), and I've also called them once and all they said was "Well if you're from WA we can' do anything, we need a test car" and that was the end of the convo.

Needless to say I was disappointed with the service. Unless CES can develop it before I decide to dib into gettin the Injen, otherwise they I ain't gonna get anything from them.

Hi guys,

Found out prices from a few different places for the Injen.

Ebay was $500+

JDM Yard was willing to provide them at the cost of $475

Then Clicky, this place from America sells them for around $430 inclusive of shipping at current exchange rate.

(USD $288 + $56.40P/H)

Just letting you guys know.

Cheers,

Jase

Hey CHA54 that was the 1st tym hes made 1!!! I guess PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT RIGHT??? He'll get there 1 day... Where abouts u from??? If u wouldve told ppl that u could make up a CAI i wouldve came to u...LOL!

TIG welding is easy though, stainless is the easiest metal of all to weld! Once you have the technique, that's it - there's no "Oh but it's the first intake he's made". If he knew how to TIG properly, there is no 'excuse' for sloppy welds.

Now, if anybody is in Brisbane I'm more than happy to spend some time making an intake for somebody - can't mass produce them but can knock one-offs up. I have done one for Rowan (our time schedules never worked out, hence why it took so long) and done other bits for other members.

EDIT: Meh, pointless starting down this tangent again.

Edited by the_random_hero

Looks better after a little thread cleanup on some useless comments :)

I think those prices are abit on the high side.. if you are really keen maybe wait abit until the prices drops abit :)

funny how thread clean ups only occur when there aimed at mods or mod associates?

;) better start getting used to threads being cleaned up.. none of the ZRE owners here need your corky image or comments..