on the dyno for s###s and giggles

A mate of mine was getting his car dynoed today and someone else pulled out leaving a free spot so, for a laugh I got mine dynoed as well :

post-623-1241265931_thumb.jpg

Not sure how to interpret this or how it compares to other 1zz's but its a 2004 ascent hatch with apexi intake and muffler off a corolla sportivo.

I also have SAFC 2 that may get install if and when i can be bothered.

Those afr readings are up the ****, getting very rich towards the end for a N/A car.

Almost all cars go very rich on a stock tune up to, it's a safety thing - extra fuel cools the combustion chamber. Leaning out the tune a bit up top can provide more power, however.

And aftermarket exhausts/intakes tend to make AFRs worse, when I got my 7A dyno'ed pre-exhaust/intake it had very smooth AFRs, with exhaust and intake the power figures were much better but AFRs much rougher (and that is still keeping all the stock sensors etc)

• 3 weeks later...

Round 2

Got the safc installed and tuned. Wasnt expecting and huge gains seeing as all we were playing with were air fuel ratios. The safc netted 2 (TWO) whole HP more. With the top end leaned out I guess I can look forward to better fuel economy possibly. Time to get a full exhaust I think.

Also on the same day a bog stock zre was dyno as well which got 111hp. I don't have dyno sheet for that but its air fuel ratios were super super rich in comparison.

post-623-1243129981_thumb.jpg