which one do ya like?

with the reflectors or without?

i know i need to put reflectors in the rear lights somehow,but i was just wondering what ya thoughts were on the look? :unsure:

p.s thanks Chicken for the photoshopped pic with no reflectors :)

i know i need to put reflectors in the rear lights somehow,but i was just wondering what ya thoughts were on the look? :unsure:

If you are thinking about this to the point that you are asking here for opinions, I'm guessing that you like the look of it without reflectors. If that's the case, just go for it. As long as you like it, then that's good. Personally, I reckon you should get a rear lip to 'break-up' the emptiness. This is only because the rear bumper is just the little bit too large on the vertical plane.

I don't mind either one both look good . - I suppouse this answer doesn't reqally help but if i had to choose probably with reflectors

AUR30N

Edited by AUR30N

If you are thinking about this to the point that you are asking here for opinions, I'm guessing that you like the look of it without reflectors. If that's the case, just go for it. As long as you like it, then that's good. Personally, I reckon you should get a rear lip to 'break-up' the emptiness. This is only because the rear bumper is just the little bit too large on the vertical plane.

i really really cant decide i'm still 50/50 but its definatley on my mind a bit,so i thought i'd ask a few fellow Modders what their thoughts were and see what my Toyota peers have to say.

i know i dont want a lip or spoiler its not the look im aiming for,so i suppose i'm aiming for a more stout sorta look (less is better maybe?) rather than sport or racer look if ya get my drift. ;)

... i suppose i'm aiming for a more stout/tuff sorta look (less is better maybe?)

Just my own opinion once again. It might just be to do with the colour of your car, but without the reflectors, the term 'smooth as a baby's bottom' comes to mind, not tough or anything like that.

the term 'smooth as a baby's bottom' comes to mind, not tough or anything like that.

Hahaha :D

I prefer with reflectors, looks good at night in the lights of the car following and does break up the real estate at the back of your car.

5 with reflectors

4 without reflectors

thanks for all the responses,it seems you guys are just as 50/50 as me :) ,i will have a bit more of a think. :unsure:

without so make that 5.

i wouldnt go to the trouble tho for the cost of spraying it

cost not really a drama,as the smash yard/workshop i manage is combined with 2 panel shops,its the bloody decision to go for it or leave it alone thats got me.

without so make that 5.

cost not really a drama,as the smash yard/workshop i manage is combined with 2 panel shops,its the bloody decision to go for it or leave it alone thats got me.

do it be different...unique rides are the best ones

without so make that 5.

unique is cool B) ,and can't say i've seen this done yet.

p.s ELEGNT hows ya SRI going?

without so make that 5.

unique is cool B) ,and can't say i've seen this done yet.

p.s ELEGNT hows ya SRI going?

while you're at it shave the boot aswell :D

shavin the boot not on my list to do.

hey Chicken maybe you could do a shaved boot pic as ya did with the reflectors. :D ( this will test ya photoshop skills on the confuser )

... maybe you could do a shaved boot pic as ya did with the reflectors. :D

I'm not super Photoshop expert but here's the best I could whip up with in a minute. I'm not good with blending everything since you have so much colour range around that area.

019large.jpg

... maybe you could do a shaved boot pic as ya did with the reflectors. :D

I'm not super Photoshop expert but here's the best I could whip up with in a minute. I'm not good with blending everything since you have so much colour range around that area.

019large.jpg

i photoshopped shaved boot latch ... :o DON'T shave the boot! :lol:

Edited by chicken

ok i've made my decision,reflectors will be history on my rear bar :rolleyes:

spoke to our panel shop manager today,he checked out the rear bar and said should'nt be any probs doing what i want. :yahoo:

only problem now is trying to squeeze it in before the annual meet arrives,this could be a bit tricky as they are flat out with all the rain we've had lalely,and they are doing it at staff/mates rates so i cant really force the start & finish dates,he seems to think middle next month but i'm trying for something earlier,like before the meet.

anyway thanks to all who took time to give me a response,it did help with my decision. :)