CAI or pod filter

Hey, not sure if this has been posted b4 but here goes...

i just got my stivo 2 days ago n love hittin lift every now n then!!!

i was just wondering whats better, a cai or pod filter.

cause i can get a pod filter from autobarn for about $30 but thats sounds kinda cheap for a mod but would give a good sound.

n im pretty sure the cai gives extra power but how much????

thanks

A pod filter goes on the end of a CAI. If it's not there you'd be sucking in birds, mice and other miscellaneous small animals :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

A pod filter is not legal if its not enclosed or away from the engine or something like that. I'm not too sure how much power the CAI gives but I can say its not much. If there is any its a placebo effect haha

I'm not too sure how much power the CAI gives but I can say its not much. If there is any its a placebo effect haha

It actually gives the most or one of the most power in terms of bolt on mods for the stivo. Not only that, but it's also the best bang for buck power mod.

A pod filter is not legal if its not enclosed or away from the engine or something like that. I'm not too sure how much power the CAI gives but I can say its not much. If there is any its a placebo effect haha

On average the CAI on the 2zzge will give around 7 - 10 Kw at The wheels. So yeah, not a placebo effect.

On average the CAI on the 2zzge will give around 7 - 10 Kw at The wheels. So yeah, not a placebo effect.

The big difference between gains on CAI's is the brand and the filter choice. The gains BKS have quoted would be on a car with no other mods ie no exhaust, header upgrade etc etc.

i asked cause u can now get a SAAS pod filter from autobarn for $20. n was wondering if thats just cheap or something that would be a good mod

it doesn't apply to everything, but autobahn and performance should not be mentioned in the same sentence

sic

whitestivo

Autobarn sell the K&N rx3900 pod filter for around $80

Simply put,

if you want power out of your car, your looking at more then $100 easy, CAI or SRI, its up to you, but if you are thinking of just getting a pod filter and slapping it on the end where you box joins the piping (if that makes sense) then you are not alone, but you see, there is 1 teeny tiny little problem, and thats the MAF sensor thats built into/on top of the box, if this isn't attached to the piping in any way, its not gonna work. plain and simple. your better off saving and getting a proper CAI or SRi, depending on what you want out of your car ;)

Evo

i might just wait n see

neway, i have no money left after the sportivo, fully comp insurance, transfer of rego n re-registrating it so ill just save up for a CAI

whats the TRD cai like???

I would have to say that most of the CAI's listed in the sticky post "CAI/SRI buyers guide" mentioned by spillige would provide similar gains from 7kw-10kw atw.

The trd Cai is made for the american version of the corolla and it fits but it's not as good a fit as say the CES Cai.