2zz hurricane headers

Ive been informed by tark, at liverpool exhaust that there will be a special price for forum members on there custom hurricane headers of $102, id like to mention i have no affiliation with this company, this offer has come about after i discussed with him having he's cai in the buyers guide.

Primary Size: 1 5/8" (41.3mm)

Secondary Size: 2" (50.8mm)

Outlet Size: 2.5" (63.5mm)

Flanged Outlet: Please note this will require cutting in front of factory cat and welding supplied flange in order to attach to header. this will not bolt onto original exhaust.

Flexible bellows: 2 x double braided Stainless steel, to absorb maximum movement during Lift.

Mandrel Bent

Material: Mild Steel

Finish is Hurricane Hi-temp Blue Paint. (ceramic Coating optional)

Australian made.

Price RRP: $672

Forum Price: $570

fitting, an additional $130, Ceramic Coating for Header will be an additional $220

NewPicture1.png

funny u should say this, today i got a quote on these same headers through my local exhaust shop and he gave me a price of $644 fitted...

i spoke to ces today as well and they reccomend their change over ported stockies cos the initial diameter of the hurricanes are little big..

dunno what im gonna go with

my two cents

quite a while back, when i spoke with tark at livo exhaust about his headers and exhaust set up he said he had LOTS of development done with lots of dyno sheets showing the gains for different set ups, until he found the perfect one.

i was in the market for new headers (or modifying stock) and was open to all options. he reccomended a 2 1/4 " exhaust because he said 2.5" was to big and loud. I saw his car, the headers and exhasut fitted, and it looked very neat and i was very keen to see what gains he had. he never got back to me and i still haven't seen any proof of the gains.

I went with porting the stock headers at westside mufflers and has happy with the result.

ive seen he's stivo 1st hand in action and it rips, they do great work over there and he's worked on a couple of my cars now and im always happy with the end result.

though if you are in the market for some headers id be asking for some dyno sheets, or some sort of proof of performance gains before purchase.

quite a while back, when i spoke with tark at livo exhaust about his headers and exhaust set up he said he had LOTS of development done with lots of dyno sheets showing the gains for different set ups, until he found the perfect one.

i was in the market for new headers (or modifying stock) and was open to all options. he reccomended a 2 1/4 " exhaust because he said 2.5" was to big and loud. I saw his car, the headers and exhasut fitted, and it looked very neat and i was very keen to see what gains he had. he never got back to me and i still haven't seen any proof of the gains.

I went with porting the stock headers at westside mufflers and has happy with the result.

2.5" is fine considering the duration of the high cam, but it will be loud (hence the need for good muffler/s and at least a resonator.

For a 4>2, the secondary pipe diameter looks a fair bit big. I don't think they are tuned length either, which is a problem for a fairly tuned engine such as the 2ZZ.

These are a lot cheaper, and have smaller pipe size. This looks like it would only really be suitable with stock exhaust though.

http://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/product_...412a819a80470e9

Since Wildcat are the same as Genie, but with press bends, it might be safe to assume that Genie has a mandrel bent option?

Gav.

For a 4>2, the secondary pipe diameter looks a fair bit big. I don't think they are tuned length either, which is a problem for a fairly tuned engine such as the 2ZZ.

These are a lot cheaper, and have smaller pipe size. This looks like it would only really be suitable with stock exhaust though.

Since Wildcat are the same as Genie, but with press bends, it might be safe to assume that Genie has a mandrel bent option?

Gav.

Those are a bit too small :P You'd get a nice whack of torque, but lose a lot while you're in lift. I can find out about Genie on Monday if people are interested, still gotta plug that we're waiting for somebody to be our demo car for a tuned-length 4>1 set.

Gav.

Those are a bit too small :P You'd get a nice whack of torque, but lose a lot while you're in lift. I can find out about Genie on Monday if people are interested, still gotta plug that we're waiting for somebody to be our demo car for a tuned-length 4>1 set.

I suspect those sizes are wrong. They are the same size they have listed for the 1ZZ-FE, so I think they've just used the 1ZZ-FE page as a template and done a half-arsed job making up the 2ZZ-FE page, as they call it... While you're looking at Genie headers, it would be worthwhile checking the figures for the Wildcat 2ZZ-GE header too, since the sizes appear to be small/wrong.

Gav.