info on nsw laws and rules on modifycation

sikwitit

hey everybody since i have found out that i cant do **** to the engine till i get off my ps so im going to concentrate on the rest of the car first it want to mod the exterior and i want to know are carbon fibre bonnets illigal in nsw and also i want to change the side mirrors and add my body kit which has been sitting in my shed for months cause i havnt had a job to pay to put it on but now i can yay in the end i want the car to look like this but in majenta blue and 19 inch chrome rims

post-11189-1242901073_thumb.jpg

i am also going to get red and white tail lights and projector head lights from america and m3 side mirrors with indecators in them and remove the side indecator

sean

Mate, you'll have a hybrid... a mix of my car, Dan's car and Tina's car... will look impressive no doubt.

The parts are easy to get ahold of... it's getting them installed. The person to ask about the M3 sides would be Dan from Perth... trying to get ahold of him might be a bit harder than expected though. Man it was a sic car..

Without checking the actual laws, I think it's safe to say that yes carbon-fibre bonnets are illegal, most likely because they haven't been crash-tested and they'd lack a lot of the protection of a normal bonnet for pedestrians.

i have found the m3 side mirrors i can get them from carmate im going to call the rta and find out if they are legal or not will post up on here i hope my car will look good once all the mods are done

sean

i called the rta today and asked about the carbonfibre hood they said i need to get a enginner certificate for it but they are not illigal its only on some cars where the hood effects the crumple zone and some time the hood snaps off at the hinges but he said as long as they say its fine u can have a carbon fibre hood so im going to get incontact with a enginner and ask if it will be ok then buy the hood and take the car to them make shore its all good then drive away

sean