please help

hey everybody,

so ive just had an apexi fcon pro installed in my 1zz rolla and the dyno tuner is saying that it cant be reved past 3 thousand rpm.

can anybody think of wat may be causing this ..

.. ps wish i could give more info, but im in the uk whilst and the car is in aus , sorry :(

do you mean an apexi powerfc or a HKS Fcon Pro?

I assume you mean powerfc...

Who's tuning it? The powerfc to zze122 isn't really a difficult install.

do you mean an apexi powerfc or a HKS Fcon Pro?

I assume you mean powerfc...

Who's tuning it? The powerfc to zze122 isn't really a difficult install.

yeah its the apexi fc atm im trying to find out all the info i can but stupid time difference is making it harder that i expected,

ill get as much info asap,

cheers guys

Edited by AZA51

Did you get the PFC for MR-S 1ZZ?

Did they mod the wires to suit the Corolla wiring?

Q#1 yes not 100% sure but pretty sure will find out exactly in the upcoming days

Q#2 no idea will find out asap,, im going to say yes as ive been told its running just not well at all

Edited by AZA51

that statement doesn't make any sense. Who did the install and attempted the tuning?

the install was done buy my auto elec, at sandgate auto electrican and the tuning is done buy jt automotive at brendale,

im aware that the last statement doesnt sound quite right but the transaltion i get for aus to here in the uk may get confused/wrong,

ps.. its hard getting your folks to get the work done when your on the other side of the world,,

im aware that the last statement doesnt sound quite right but the transaltion i get for aus to here in the uk may get confused/wrong,

ps.. its hard getting your folks to get the work done when your on the other side of the world,,

Then the best thing would be to get work done better and effectively if you were in the same side of the world as your car? Cause we will all be getting no where.

Then the best thing would be to get work done better and effectively if you were in the same side of the world as your car? Cause we will all be getting no where.

any info or advice on were i could get this all sorted out

i realise this isnt the most effectively way but u/anyone could give me some advice it would be muchly appreciated

1. You need to find out exactly what your autoelectrician changed. There's really only 1 wire change required to make the spyder powerfc run on the ZZE122r without any drivability issues, and that's simply the main fan trigger. It's possible he made more changes than requires which has induced another issue. The stock 1zzfe powerfc basemap should rev cleanly past 3000rpm without issue.

2. More information on exactly the issue the tuner has is required. Is it leaning out? Is the ignition breaking down? Is it knocking excessively, Has the engine been modified and re-assembled incorrectly?

I'd get it all put back to stock and not bother wasting money trying to get the PFC sorted until you're back in the country.

Edited by CHA54