K&N air filter

Carbon filter, just wondering on how to get it out seems like its stuck in place? and secondly i'd presume carbon filter is just like an environmental pollution thing just and would not do any damage hence why the air filter used i'd presume? and it would increase the performance ever so slightly because of the more free flowing air if your running a stock air filter and a tad more with K & N obviously?

Many thanks Phil.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Carbon filter, just wondering on how to get it out seems like its stuck in place? and secondly i'd presume carbon filter is just like an environmental pollution thing just and would not do any damage hence why the air filter used i'd presume? and it would increase the performance ever so slightly because of the more free flowing air if your running a stock air filter and a tad more with K & N obviously?

Many thanks Phil.

You have to rip it ut, most likely breaking its mounting points in the process. Just get a flat blade screwdriver and work your way around the edge of it.

In all honesty, removing it is not going to give you any gain that can be measured. Air flows through the carbon filter with minimal resistance due to it's fairly open design.