Help! What should I Do? Azura 2004 or Altise 2007

mmollym1

Hi All

I'm hoping for some advice here. I'm looking to purchase another car. I aim to spend around $20,000. I'm hoping to get something not too many years old and with not too many kilometres. And it needs to be suitable for carrying growing children and their assorted school and sports gear.

I did the rounds of the local car places and so far two cars are options...

Camry Azura 2004 with around 60,000 kilometres

Camry Altise 2007 with around 20,000 kilometres

Both are marked at around $22,000.

Please help!

I'd appreciate any advice about which car would be best... and why...

Thank you!

I personally would go for the Gen5 without a thought. Yes its a little older but there are a lot more features in it, especially the nice v6!. Plus it taken its chunk in depreciation already :)

i will go for altise 2007, for my personal opinion, the kms and years are one of the most important thing that i will look at, and the altise is very new and worth.

Try to bargain with the seller, and cut the price to $20K.

All the best

imo, the azura absolutely ****s all over the altise. even though it might have around 60,000kms on it, there's nothing wrong with them. and any potential problems would have already arisen by that time, so if theres no problems then you cant go wrong.

have a sit in both and have a good play around with all the features, and drive them properly (ie. how you would realistically drive it day-to-day).... i think i know which one youll come away with! :)

For me, it would defiantly be the Azura. Back to back vale the Altise is not even comparable. The futures ( Sat nav, climate control, leather sports seats etc) and the V6 compared to what is just a base model, still a nice car but. Also you will find the fuel consumption difference to be very marginal, not to mention the deprecation will be less with the Azura.

But of course the Altise is still a nice car with low kms. Is the Altise an Ex fleet car? If it isn’t I would be questioning why such a low mileage car would be for sale.

Like lateralus said, have a drive of both and see which you like best.

Edited by mbruce

Buy an 07/08 Aurion and be done with it.... :P

but if i had to choose between them,prolly go the 07 Altise purley on build date & km's and yeah warranty... :)

Gotta go with the Azura...Good looking car and you will have no issues with reliability as stated. Plus, far more features in the price. But as has been said you're not gunna know for sure until you hop in both of them and give 'em a real good workout.

And just to chuck my 2 cents in, I didn't pay that much and mine's a manual Camry Sportivo. I wouldn't be paying that much for an Altise. And yes, mine only had 19,000km on the clock for an '06 when I picked it up as dealer demo.

Edited by Tash

• 2 weeks later...

If you want Luxury and Class then Azura all the way . It has bragging rights in the Camry range to be the Top Dog.

Rest are variables . Eg

1>The time you will keep the car for

2>The KM's you will be driving etc .

Azura having done 60K Km will quickly climb the ks if you drive long distances where as the 2007 Altise will take longer to clock for eg 100K Km.

If you wont be changing the car for a long time then Azura is your best bet. If you are anything like me and change cars 12-24 months then stick with the younger car .

• 4 weeks later...
Hi All

I'm hoping for some advice here. I'm looking to purchase another car. I aim to spend around $20,000. I'm hoping to get something not too many years old and with not too many kilometres. And it needs to be suitable for carrying growing children and their assorted school and sports gear.

I did the rounds of the local car places and so far two cars are options...

Camry Azura 2004 with around 60,000 kilometres

Camry Altise 2007 with around 20,000 kilometres

Both are marked at around $22,000.

Please help!

I was in same position last year I chose azura top of range model should hold value and sell better than a standard model. If altise is 4cyl then yes rego/insurance cheaper etc. Fuel probably not more efficient.I paid 24k for 32klms on clock go online you may find better deal I bought mine car sales .com

I'd appreciate any advice about which car would be best... and why...

Thank you!

Edited by Robadob