[BNE] Drag Racing - Willowbank

Who is interested in going out to Willowbank on Wed July 15. This is State of Origin III night.

I'd be up for it. I NEED to crack into the high 13's.

This is a test and tune yeah?? I really wanna go to one now that ROL14 fixed and get an updated time but I've got tickets to the game that night!

:(

I have double checked and it is a Test'n'Tune

i would have come, but my 30,000km service is due soon and the car isnt sounding that healthy up in the revs... :(

i might try and clock up 2000kms this weekend so i can service it on monday! :lol:

Mine is almost due its 45k service and I think that the front pads have just worn out as the squealers are starting to make some noise.

Who is interested in going out to Willowbank on Wed July 15. This is State of Origin III night.

I'd be up for it. I NEED to crack into the high 13's.

I need to get into the mid 13's then!

sooooooo, any new results???

I didn't head out last night. I'm going to wait till the one in July I think. I should have some new tires by then definitely.

sooooooo, any new results???

Ash last night was SoO II not III. :P I don't think there was anything on last night at Willowbank.

There are a quite a few other Test'n'Tune events before July 15 but I will be wait for the small crowd night as I don't follow rugby league.

OHHHHHHHHHHHH, well aren't i a bit stupid!! :lol:

i just skimmed over the title... didnt see the date... haha

good thing i didnt decide last minute to come out... :lol:

i might be able to come on July 15... i'll let you know closer to the date... :D

Edited by SecaBoy

• 2 weeks later...

car isnt serviced, so no racing for me... :(

plus. i'm still a little sick... so i dont wanna make it worse with the cold out at willowbank...

a mates gonna be there in his C63 AMG... number plate EFE55 or something like that... its a white one...

he's hoping for a 12.1... :D

I hope to be there around 6pm. Car is being serviced today so will need to give it a check over before heading out.

Hehehehe. The trust that one has in another person to service their car. I'd be doing the same as well.

I would have liked to have run my car on a fresh service just for the sake of it, but I'm saving that for QR.

Well, that night didn't really work out the best. To start, it was actually quite busy there with people who were thinking the same thing as we were; that it would be quiet. I did manage to fit in 7 runs though.

No matter what I did though, I could not manage to beat my previous best of 14.131s @ 99.29mph. The best run I managed out of all 7 tonight was a 14.213s @ 98.81mph.

I think I have had enough of the drags though. Until someone comes along and beats my time in an Aurion, I don't think I will bother to try and get a quicker time. Time to move on to QR I would say.

Just for the fun of it, here is my second best run of the night. It was 14.27s @ 98.75mph. In case you are wondering, David's tires were at the end of their life hence all the wheelspin:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

I also learnt that the Aurion doesn't launch too well at 3000RPM. Traction control was off at the time:

And just for fun, check out how slow the Aurion looks when it launches compared to something with a bit more power (just ignore the crappy background music):

dude that burnout was epic!!! did it spin into 2nd? cos all of a sudden there was a heap more smoke?

I stalled it up to 3 grand and I could feel it had a little pull to it. When I released the brake and floored it, it was just instant wheelspin hitting the limiter in 1st. I backed off to around half throttle and felt (and saw from the RPM) that it changed into second. I figured it would have traction by then so just put my foot down again (not overly fast to get a kick-down). I guess it didn't have full traction. This all happened just as I passed that light at 0:23.

Funny thing is, it spun so smoothly. Usually I can 'feel' when then the tire/s are spinning, but in this case it just looked like it was revving and not moving.