full exhaust system

ApBPaul

Recently we have had a thread running not too far down from your new thread here. The tread is:

Rear exhausts

Yes the title says rear exhausts, but it's currently a bit of a hot topic running on this board, and for someone curious about exhaust related matters, I though you would have checked it out.

I've talked to Australian Performance Centre here in Perth and including custom made extractors and full 2.5 inch system they claim approx 10% power gain and a price in the region of $2800

Seems a bit rich to me.....

CES here in BNE gave me a quote for the TRD for the Y pipe + 3 inch system with 2 1/4 inch rear mufflers in S/S $3500. This was a little while ago now so it may be a bit out of date.

As you can see, a full system is going to set you back about a couple of thousand at the least which seems to be in line with other 'full exhaust systems' out there for a car of this size.

A search of the forum also shows the other possibilites that have been looked at such as a TRD cat-back system for around USD$767. Then you need to add the massive cost of shipping, but this really isn't a 'full system'.

Even AUR30N has had his contribution:

for custom job mandrel bent etc your looking at least $2000 +

there are TRD cat backs avaliable, then u would have to get a free flowing cat and custom extractors made, id sat full thing (inc. TRD catback) $3500 installed

Edited by ELEGNT

If you budgeted around $2500, you would should be in the clear.

EDIT: Forgot some other businesses charge silly amounts.

Is that stainless or mild steel?

Mild with stainless high flow cats. Finding out more information today regarding headers, there may be a way to overcome one of the main issues with them.

Dont bother full 80% of places i have spoke said there sweet standed 20% want to take you money.

And all so if you do a full one how are you going to tune it so it dose what its put on to do?????

If your after a nice note just get rear mufflers done ore take them off and listen and if you like that ( i no i like it on full nosie ) Then just put stright pipes off :D

Dont bother full 80% of places i have spoke said there sweet standed 20% want to take you money.

And all so if you do a full one how are you going to tune it so it dose what its put on to do?????

If your after a nice note just get rear mufflers done ore take them off and listen and if you like that ( i no i like it on full nosie ) Then just put stright pipes off :D

You don't have to 'tune' it persay, it's not like a turbo car. Better extractors/exhaust system optimised for engine = increased VE which will give you more power/fuel efficiency. Sure, being able to tune it can give you gains, but pointless if the engine is basically unmodded (well, most NA engines anyway).

IMO, they sound TERRIBLE without the rear mufflers. I'm really digging Ingres' note at the moment, it's not as loud as I expected it to be.