Did anyone notice what was on late last night?

JJCRU23R

I was channel surfing in bed just b4 going to sleep and landed on what looked to be a jap movie on sbs. Some funny chubby teen arguing with what appeared to be his dad at their family owned gas station. tWas an amusing few seconds, enough for me to keep watching... Not long after it turned into some awkward teen love story and then this beautiful ae86 beats a black gtr down some windy roads in the middle of the night??! Didn't realize until I saw the car that I must have been watching initial d!?! It was past midnight and I fell asleep after the big race with the repaired ae86 and a couple other cars, one of which crashes in the 5 twisty turns during the race... The rest is a blur... We fell asleep after that... Did anyone catch it last night? Gotta love sbs!!! Best movies shown anywhere are non English speaking!

Funny that. I think Lee (1st Kill) must have caught it as well:

btw speaking of panda,i was watching SBS late last night and there was a movie with Shah's AE86 Panda complete with Tofu boy decals on the door,now i know where his tofu inspiration come from. :lol:
movie was prob Initial D.

yeh seen the movie millions of time but still love it xD JAY CHOU FTW.. but yeh.. good movie..

Jay Chou eh? I thought he was some singer. Kept seeing posters up for his Sydney concert every time I went to Easy Way.

yeh seen the movie millions of time but still love it xD JAY CHOU FTW.. but yeh.. good movie..

Jay Chou eh? I thought he was some singer. Kept seeing posters up for his Sydney concert every time I went to Easy Way.

Yeah he is a singer he just diversified. Its not that strange for singers to go into film or actors go into music

Funny that. I think Lee (1st Kill) must have caught it as well:
btw speaking of panda,i was watching SBS late last night and there was a movie with Shah's AE86 Panda complete with Tofu boy decals on the door,now i know where his tofu inspiration come from. :lol:
movie was prob Initial D.

Yeah it said Ashes highlights on the Foxtel guide so i flicked it over to SBS no cricket,but watched this movie instead...i loved it was awesome. :)

thanks for the title boys (Initial D.) when i checked the Foxtel channel guide channel :lol: it kept saying ashes highlights so i didn't have a clue what i was watchin. :unsure:

I flapping actually BROUGHT that stupid movie and promptly threw it away in anger after watching it... <_<

x a million. I felt ripped off from that movie, the only thing it had in common with the anime was an AE86, a mountain and tofu shop decals.

yeah terrible movie. actor looked as spaced out as tak, but probably didnt mean to.

he is meant to look like that i think cause he is tired from school in day time and at night he works for long hours i was really into this series there is an anime one series an arcade video game which was pretty cool

i bought the movie and like it =p yet i don't know what has happened to it... a friend borrowed it and i don't know who has it now..

lol

i think there is minimal dialogue from jay chou as jay chou is taiwanese and can't speak canto i think.

Well that's what a friend told me and due to that i think they dubbed it or something.

^ I thought it was down to the fact that Takumi doesn't talk much in the original ;) My Canto friend also tells me Jay can't speak Cantonese and sucked when he tried.

I think the people who will like the movie won't have seen the anime before hand, and vice-versa. Just like people who like the movie 'Snatch' over 'Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels', comes down to which one they saw first ;)

That's probably true as i have only seen a few episodes

well, i found a few of the first season when i was at my library

and my friend gave me some of battle stage four i think.

is that what it's called?

haha, what was funny was how much Initial D had changed from the first season to stage 4.

As in the quality of the graphics and all.

yeah, i should have just said that another factor as to why he didn't speak much may be...*insert previous post* =p