CAI Pipe

Rang up Liverpool exhaust to enquire about there CAI for my mates sportivo and costs $450 fitted, we then asked them for pipe only and the quoted $370!

That seems too over priced for a bit of alloy pipe??

Well they definently have gone up in price, i payed 350 fitted, or it was 270 just for the kit.

BUT it does sound freakin crazy!!

Edited by CME-LFT

oh, here we go again.... <_<

get Injen, its proven to be the BEST :P when the Aussie dollar improves i am thinking of GROUP BUY :D

Evo

oh, here we go again.... <_<

get Injen, its proven to be the BEST :P when the Aussie dollar improves i am thinking of GROUP BUY :D

Evo

Injen worked the best on the Mazdas too. It was amazing seeing how much more power the cars with the Injen made on the dyno! But peak power is not the whole story though, area under the curve (midrange/driveability) is important too...

Gav.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter whether you pay $250, $350 or $450..... you have to look at the value that you get from it.

Ask yourself the following questions:

Do you like the sound?

Do you feel you have a power increase from it?

Do you notice any power increase from it?

Then, regardless of your answers, you then have to ask yourself, if you still want it are you happy to pay that price?

When all is said and done, there is really a bees doodle difference between all of them, and the arguments have been flying now for 5 years about which is better, and the same responses come back and the same people argue and the same people bag the one's they don't have.

When I had my Sportivo, I chose a TRD pipe which I purchased second hand for $250 (thanks Andrew) and I was satisfied with the sound and the power increase and I have a Dyno to prove the power increase.

Yes, $250 was a lot to pay for a second hand peice of pipe, but I didn't mind parting ways with my hard earned cash for it, and I have percieved value....

Like real estate when you think of it, a block of dirt is a block of dirt, the real question, is how much do you want that block of dirt.....

Now before anyone flames me, just remember that nobody is yet to do a side by side comparison on any of the intakes, so nobody has any right to start comparing them......

............. just remember that nobody is yet to do a side by side comparison on any of the intakes, so nobody has any right to start comparing them......

Not all the intake mentioned above as per say but we did do some comparison at the last vic dyno day with a different combination of mods with intake being the "prime" focus accidentally. Unfortunately, foolee sic sounds of intake was not one of those measured.

Enjoy.

............. just remember that nobody is yet to do a side by side comparison on any of the intakes, so nobody has any right to start comparing them......

Not all the intake mentioned above as per say but we did do some comparison at the last vic dyno day with a different combination of mods with intake being the "prime" focus accidentally. Unfortunately, foolee sic sounds of intake was not one of those measured.

Enjoy.

Fair enough, but a truer comparison would be installing a range of different CAI pipes onto the same vehicle concurrently then re-dyno-ing after each....

Unfortunatly, I don't know anyone here with the time, or coin to do it....

Enjoy.

Fair enough, but a truer comparison would be installing a range of different CAI pipes onto the same vehicle concurrently then re-dyno-ing after each....

Unfortunatly, I don't know anyone here with the time, or coin to do it....

If that's the case then wouldn't it be as good as what we did on dyno day looking that the ECU adapt to your driving style and mods attached? Its going to be a long time between each dyno to attach each mod. So...........

Unless someone else wants to conduct the same exercise somewhere else, this is as conclusive as it can get.......

Dish it out or suck it up!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:P :P :P :P

Unless someone else wants to conduct the same exercise somewhere else, this is as conclusive as it can get.......

In all honesty Guni the comparison performed doesnt prove anything ...... unfortunetly the fact that the cars came off the dyno and the fact that the pipes were attached to different cars creates so much of a discrepency its not funny.

Here is the thing about this ...... every CAI vs stock graph that i have seen has given a car between 5-8kw @ wheels. Now in all honesty whether its 5 or whether its 8 that 3kw difference @ peak power mind u ...... i hardly doubt its even worth the mention ........ if someone can honestly say they could feel that difference i call B.S. .......

Meh what do i care i dont need a CAI :P :P :P :P :P :P

Here is the thing about this ...... every CAI vs stock graph that i have seen has given a car between 5-8kw @ wheels. Now in all honesty whether its 5 or whether its 8 that 3kw difference @ peak power mind u ...... i hardly doubt its even worth the mention ........ if someone can honestly say they could feel that difference i call B.S. .......

Well said

Meh what do i care i dont need a CAI :P :P :P :P :P :P

:o :o :o <_<