Copy of Toyota Yaris key

gorjess86

Hi all, I emailed both Sydney City Toyota and Phil Gilbert for an estimate cost of my Yaris key and this is what i got: Immobilizer key supplied cut and programmed for a Yaris $432.70.

But I seen that Mister Minit also does keysthat need coding etc so I asked them and guess what? I got my key for $160!!!!

So pls go see them before you pay for Toyota to rip you off beyond belief!!!

Cheers :o)

Welcome to Toyota Genuine Parts...now please pay the $1000 consultation fee :P They wanted me to spend $125 on an indicator flasher relay...$30 from my an electrician

Hi all, I emailed both Sydney City Toyota and Phil Gilbert for an estimate cost of my Yaris key and this is what i got: Immobilizer key supplied cut and programmed for a Yaris $432.70.

But I seen that Mister Minit also does keysthat need coding etc so I asked them and guess what? I got my key for $160!!!!

Yeah similar story on my Aurion,left my keys in my overalls then threw em in the wash basket...couple hours later can't find keys,had the whole w/shop looking...anyway i rang Toyota about a replacement,quoted $520+(what a joke)...our w/shop uses a local guy so i rang him,10 mins later he calls me back $160 genuine Toyota coded key & service key (only opens,wont start)...he came round with his laptop and keys did the job and alls good,that night when we were all leaving to go home one of the mechanics pulled my dirty overalls out of the basket and found my original keys...Dohhhh! :rolleyes:

So does mister minit do the coding also!? Where bouts did you go? My father in law was quoted $500 + to get a spare set of keys! I'd really like to get it cheaper than that if there is this other option.

• 1 month later...

Oh how I laughed when Toyota wanted to charge me $276 +gst for a new key... 5 minutes later, I popped in to see our local key cutter: $7 later, I had a new key that opens and starts the car... Transcoder my hairy brown hole, as long as it fits in the lock, it'll do as a spare!!!

Edited by Dan1862