trd extractors

yeah after searching through old threads, spose to be 5-10kw gain :blink: um thats what they reckon, just go for highflow cat, BUT i wanna hear it from the horses mouth, whos got these extractors and should i buy ??? if not ill just go highflow cat, which is the best cat ?????

sorry just to clarify what size are our cat pipes, im thinking DIY ?? lol

Edited by 123R-Prozak

TRD extractors are really good if you spend 80% of your time above 6000 rpm...

they flow amazingly but are hopeless for producing torque/power low in teh rev range... which is where your street car is generally used.

best bet is to get a Get your stock headers port matched and the collecter cleaned up... or... buy CES headers off the shelf... which have the ports matched and collector cleaned up + HPC coating if you like the bling factor.

well i do spend alot of time in lift lol but i dont think i wanna spend that much, would it be worth it if i just keep all stock and just change my cat, whats the gains there???

I'll be surprised if they don't go for double that. High flow cat would be almost a necessity to get some big gains out of the headers.

Keep watching this space, there might be another option available as soon as I pull my finger out ;)

OK, im interested.

I'll be surprised if they don't go for double that. High flow cat would be almost a necessity to get some big gains out of the headers.

Keep watching this space, there might be another option available as soon as I pull my finger out ;)

Mr Frodo, cook me something quick will yah! ;)

:lol: :lol:

they flow amazingly but are hopeless for producing torque/power low in teh rev range... which is where your street car is generally used.

best bet is to get a Get your stock headers port matched and the collecter cleaned up... or... buy CES headers off the shelf... which have the ports matched and collector cleaned up + HPC coating if you like the bling factor.

you dont port match the headers - step................. scavenging!!

i got the ces header installed, but physcally, they did not do much to enlarge the header pipe, it is exactly stock header with coating, since i install along with the catback, not sure if it helps, but one think is sure, can feel big different in top end range (5700rpm). but again not sure is the catback or the header improve the proformance.

the header itselfe from ces cost about 400 plus you need to send the stock header to them.

you dont port match the headers - step................. scavenging!!

the headers are opened up to match the exhaust gasket

i got the ces header installed, but physcally, they did not do much to enlarge the header pipe, it is exactly stock header with coating, since i install along with the catback, not sure if it helps, but one think is sure, can feel big different in top end range (5700rpm). but again not sure is the catback or the header improve the proformance.

the header itselfe from ces cost about 400 plus you need to send the stock header to them.

they do work on the headers.... the welds in the stock collector are really rough and inhibit the flow. also the primary inlets are quite restrictive, so they also get opened up.

you would def be feeling a good combination of both header and cat back.

heres my headers done by Head 2 Head.... you can see the welds have been all smothed up and the divider tapered to improve scavenging.

P1020613.JPG

this is one of the inlets to the primaries after it has been opened up... roughly 2mm of ID has been removed to match the gasket.

P1020610.JPG