Ash's 04 Corolla Sportivo

Rusty Bucket

Hey Guys,

Have been around for a while, so I thought I should stop being rude and properly introduce myself. Have owned my Stivo for a little over a year, and have really enjoyed it so far. Was not even looking at buying a car, but my mother in law offered it to me at a good price. I could not refuse. After owning V8 Commodores for a long time I was looking at a cheaper daily drive. At that stage I had 2 V8's, A VH SLE 308 and a VS Senator 215i. The Senator was my daily drive and the VH is my toy. I have since sold the Senator but am keeping the VH as I have big plans for it. When I first got the Rolla I thought I would not spend a cent on it. But it is a great lil car and I cant help myself. In the past fortnight I have de badged the bootlid apart from Toyota symbol. Fitted after market black mesh grill. Fitted TRD CAI. Got a set of Lenso Samurai Super Light Sc01 17" wheels with Kumho Ecsta KU23 215/40/17 shoes. Oh and I painted the brakes red. I have included a few photos, but the quality is really ordinary. When I get a new camera I will put new pictures up of car with new wheels. Am also looking at lowering springs to drop it in the next couple of weeks

Ash.

post-13007-1249567910_thumb.jpg

post-13007-1249568055_thumb.jpg

post-13007-1249568201_thumb.jpg

post-13007-1249568353_thumb.jpg

post-13007-1249568493_thumb.jpg

post-13007-1249568521_thumb.jpg

post-13007-1249568559_thumb.jpg

i see u didnt take ur calipers of to spray it

Nope.. I was going to get tricky and take the caliper bracket off and spray it black and the rest red as it is. But got a bit lazy and went for red all round.

Take it from me, NEVER spray your calipers while on the car... i did it and it caked on the disc, and had to spray brake cleaner all over the discs to get the paint off... it will stuff your calipers man, ALWAYS take them off the car.

Your car looks mint mate, can't wait to see what you do to her :D

Evo

• 5 weeks later...

OK, finally got some photos of the TRD CAI, new grill and wheels.

I have bought a set of King Spring super lows which will be installed when i can find the time. I also need to move the horn and get a smaller pod filter so I can put the fog light back in.

Will post better pics next time I take it out of the car port!

post-13007-1252114292_thumb.jpg

post-13007-1252114433_thumb.jpg

post-13007-1252114618_thumb.jpg

post-13007-1252114760_thumb.jpg

post-13007-1252114922_thumb.jpg

Hey Ash, the CAI looks great in your engine bay! You'd get some nice fresh air with the foglight out too. :P

If you want to get your new aero grill painted, send a PM to Whitestivo for his mate's phone number at Capalaba.

You might wanna get your rear mudflaps colour coded too, it really brings the car up well.

Long time,

Gav.

Hey Ash, the CAI looks great in your engine bay! You'd get some nice fresh air with the foglight out too. :P

If you want to get your new aero grill painted, send a PM to Whitestivo for his mate's phone number at Capalaba.

You might wanna get your rear mudflaps colour coded too, it really brings the car up well.

Long time,

Gav.

Thanks Gav. I love the look and the sound. Power increase good too, very worthwhile mod.

nice work, another sportivo in brisbane,

rusty, not sure about the fog light removal, no benefit as cai sucks significant air itself

whitestivo

The only reason fog light is out is the supplied TRD pod will not fit behind fog light. Will pick up shorter K&N filter so I can put fog light back in.

Evening Lads..

Finally got around to lowering it. Today I put in Super Lows all round. Really happy with the way it sits now. Sits a bit firmer through the twists. Am taking it for a drive up to Maleny tomorrow, should be fun..

Have got a before and after shot.

post-13007-1252752522_thumb.jpg

post-13007-1252752656_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...