Uncle Evil's Tool & Shed Thread

eviltwin

wow!! they are really good Jason i guess they wouldn;t have cost much to knock together , i could really use one if you could shed some details!

there's about $10 worth of steel in it, the rectangular base is made from 25x25x3mm angle iron tacked together, with some short lengths of angle iron welded to the front to support up under the sump/block. The rear has two flat bar tabs with a 12mm hole drilled in each that go through the lower bellhousing bolt holes.

The castors were sourced from Bunnings, two fixed 40kg castors at the rear and two swivel 40kg castors at the front, all tacked to the base frame. I got the height of the holes done by welding the front angle supports on, sitting the motor on the frame and then lifting the rear with an engine crane until the engine was level. Bellhousing bolt hole height was measured and then the metal cut to length, drilled and welded to the frame.

Does this count ???

P1000085.jpg

This is my new tool box. Its 2 tiered with lots of compartments and because I am renting, I try not to accumulate too much stuff ....... as of yet.

So all my tools and/or spare parts are in there. :lol:

Oh, it comes with a handle and wheels so I can drag it along like a trolley.

Uncle Evil i see you have a TRD corolla poster there,is it for sale by any chance or where could i get one? :whistling: :D

Here is my garage with limited tools and skills,and DIYer i am not :(

hope you like :)

new1zr049.jpg

new1zr050.jpg

new1zr051.jpg

Uncle Evil i see you have a TRD corolla poster there,is it for sale by any chance or where could i get one? :whistling: :D

Here is my garage with limited tools and skills,and DIYer i am not :(

hope you like :)

new1zr049.jpg

new1zr050.jpg

new1zr051.jpg

YOUR NOT A DIYer !!!!??!?!???!! id pack that wall with tools and become one with space like that !!!

Looks like there is sufficient room for a hoist .... ;)

hmmm yes ive been looking into that ;)

I like the fact that it is brightly lit and there is ample space for 2 corollas side by side to be worked on.

So ...... 2 hoist? Or a hoist and a pit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:P :P :P :P :P :P

I'm mega jealous of your garages!

But I get what Eviltwin is saying about keeping your spendings hidden from the missus. Funny thing is, she doesnt even notice changes on the car how is she going to notice stuff in the garage?

I put on Headlights, changed all the interior lights to LEDs, put on slim weathershields, painted the mud guards, put in new mats and she still hasnt noticed.. Do you think she will notice when I lower it?

Dont make the mistake of doing what I did and tell her you are gonna use your tax return to buy new rims!!! Man did I feel whipped that day. (p.s. I still dont have new rims)

Edited by Hidden Taco

I'm mega jealous of your garages!

But I get what Eviltwin is saying about keeping your spendings hidden from the missus. Funny thing is, she doesnt even notice changes on the car how is she going to notice stuff in the garage?

I put on Headlights, changed all the interior lights to LEDs, put on slim weathershields, painted the mud guards, put in new mats and she still hasnt noticed.. Do you think she will notice when I lower it?

Dont make the mistake of doing what I did and tell her you are gonna use your tax return to buy new rims!!! Man did I feel whipped that day. (p.s. I still dont have new rims)

Mate, that cracked me up! I went through the same thing when I spent my tax money on new rims! But my wife is the same, she doesn't notice anything I do to my car..

Mate, that cracked me up! I went through the same thing when I spent my tax money on new rims! But my wife is the same, she doesn't notice anything I do to my car..

HEHE. A wise man once said "it is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission".

holy shiznit i need a bonnet to compete now thats off tap!! tell em about the missus not noticing , i spent ages shaving the engine bay in my ae82 , then g/f watches it get towed to the paint shop and when she came down the see the paint job she asks me if im drivign it home , i then asked her if she knew fred flinstone and i had to explain to her what i was doing again ahaha better off just saying nothing!!

holy shiznit i need a bonnet to compete now thats off tap!! tell em about the missus not noticing , i spent ages shaving the engine bay in my ae82 , then g/f watches it get towed to the paint shop and when she came down the see the paint job she asks me if im drivign it home , i then asked her if she knew fred flinstone and i had to explain to her what i was doing again ahaha better off just saying nothing!!

HAHA good one. car goes broom broom.

I call this one Nigel...

I think you'll find he's a she :P

made up some of these today... rolling stands for the ZZ motors in my shed. Much easier than dragging them around to make space :D

I guess I could stick some casters on my zz engine pallet, but I have no need to move that block anyway :D

• 2 weeks later...