Few questions on zre

Hey guys theres this strange plastic in my car and dont know its purpose heres a pic:

5414_117410992110_602282110_2918186_4622416_n.jpg

also i was taking a look at the intake box and noticed this:

5414_117410982110_602282110_2918184_5625244_n.jpg

5414_117410987110_602282110_2918185_8174075_n.jpg

i was wondering if that pipe is a serperate piece to the box and i was also curios to know if it's possible just to take it out and put it to the side? will this give an increase in induction noise? and will this decrease my performance in any way???

thanks!

~Will

lol if im wrong, please correct me, im just saying what i have heard.

the plastic things on the pillar is to protect it from being damaged during the assembly of the vehicle and you might be able to pull that pipe apart...thats re-routing isnt it ?

the pipe i think is the snorkel, just leave it their... but look at your pic, on the right handside, about 3/4 of the way down, you will see a silver clip thing, unclip it, and then look at the left side of the airbox, at the back, you should see another one of these silver clips, unclip that aswell, and the push the lid back, and lift, and set it a little to the left, ill take a picture of mine for you soon and show you, that will give an increase in intake sound.

re the peice of plastic... where is it?

re the airbox... swing some spanners and pull your air box apart, take a look, and answer your own question :)

plastic is like close to the A pillar

the pipe i think is the snorkel, just leave it their... but look at your pic, on the right handside, about 3/4 of the way down, you will see a silver clip thing, unclip it, and then look at the left side of the airbox, at the back, you should see another one of these silver clips, unclip that aswell, and the push the lid back, and lift, and set it a little to the left, ill take a picture of mine for you soon and show you, that will give an increase in intake sound.

will doing this mean i got no filtration? you goin to tafe tommorow? maybe you can show me if you bring your car

will doing this mean i got no filtration? you goin to tafe tommorow? maybe you can show me if you bring your car

No it doesnt mean you have no filtration, it just means that its sorta like an SRI i guess, allowing more air into the airbox.

if u c me, just come straight to me, and ill take u to the car.

The plastic is to protect the trim from scratches when the car was brand new, feel free to peel it off :)

The tube on the airbox looks to be your air intake pipe, you can remove it for slightly more sound but you may notice less performance and higher fuel consumption...

hey will that pipe off ur airbox goes down and loops back up just bhind your left headlight(if ur sitting in the drivers seat) removing it gives u a lil bit sound nothing that u can hear like unless u concentrate on it? but didnt u get an exhaust? just get a CAI or a SRI

You've had that car for how long with the protective plastic on it?! :lol:

Only Italians and Greeks leave protective plastic on longer, and that's just on their sofas.....

Only Italians and Greeks leave protective plastic on longer, and that's just on their sofas.....

You're forgetting Asians :P

Especially on our TV remotes

You're forgetting Asians :P

Especially on our TV remotes

haha yeah! ive had the car nearly 2 years i didnt really notice the plastic before becasue its on the passenger side and only found out about it when soem one asked me what it was.

AJ,

i have taken the snorkel off my mate's ZRE before... you have to be careful in doing something like this, because the ECU is very sensitive to the MAF sensor. When i did it the first time, it threw a check engine light, and i got him to turn the car off, i readjusted it, then told him to turn the key, and it was fine...

if you take it out, it will give you a tiny bit of induction noise, but it won't give you any gains, and can potentially void your warranty :o

So its up to you mate, but leave it on, and get a Custom CAI made up ;) it will make you alot happier :lol:

Evo

AJ,

i have taken the snorkel off my mate's ZRE before... you have to be careful in doing something like this, because the ECU is very sensitive to the MAF sensor. When i did it the first time, it threw a check engine light, and i got him to turn the car off, i readjusted it, then told him to turn the key, and it was fine...

if you take it out, it will give you a tiny bit of induction noise, but it won't give you any gains, and can potentially void your warranty :o

So its up to you mate, but leave it on, and get a Custom CAI made up ;) it will make you alot happier :lol:

Evo

lol thanks evo!

wierd thing tho been a while since i got my exhaust but ive noticed between 2-3k rpms feels liek im lacking torque but as soon as i hit 3k rpms feels liek my car is on roids and pulls like a beast more harder then it used to when i had stock setup not sure what it is it could just be the torqe converter lockign up so i get full power to tranny

AJ,

Evo

lol thanks evo!

wierd thing tho been a while since i got my exhaust but ive noticed between 2-3k rpms feels liek im lacking torque but as soon as i hit 3k rpms feels liek my car is on roids and pulls like a beast more harder then it used to when i had stock setup not sure what it is it could just be the torqe converter lockign up so i get full power to tranny

haha, it's all in the mind will

AJ,

Evo

lol thanks evo!

haha, it's all in the mind will

kev im serious! sorta sounds like hittin lift.

Only Italians and "Greeks" leave protective plastic on longer, and that's just on their sofas.....

we dont do that anymore,we are being enviromentally friendly now plus dolphins and plastic dont mix