Q: for xZZ owners with 17's

at my ripe old age its getting harder to search amongst all the thread in this forum to dig for the info im looking for. ive looked but i didnt spot threads about my particular tyre size.

it looks as though many 1/2zz corolla owners on the forum that upgraded to 17inch rims use the lower profile tyres.

my tyre size for my 17s is a bit bigger, being 215/45r17.

just wondering if there are any other corolla owners with this particular size tire have their car lowered either at king low or superlow height.

what would be the best option for 17s with this type of tyre, coz the way my rims look, it appears as though i may experience some scrubbage around the guards if i go the superlow route?

any personal experience, links to specific threads pics would be greatly appreciated.

i have 215/40/r17 and i get scrubbing round hard corners with coilovers on, im soon gonna put 225/45/r17 semi slick on so will see what thats like soon

i had 215/45/17's.

the trick is... get the correct offset wheel to avoid the scrubbage. +42 willl work. +40 you MAY experience scrubbing.

as bks said, offset makes abig difference.. i'v got +40 on my car with 215/45/17.. it started scrubing with pedders lows when they started to sag with stock shocks.. back is was fine, but scrubed at the front, as they got worse they started to butcher the inner plastic gard.. now i got coils,, no scrubbing..

if your offset is too agressive you might want to try say, 205/40's.. it MAY help..

i had 215/45/17's.

the trick is... get the correct offset wheel to avoid the scrubbage. +42 willl work. +40 you MAY experience scrubbing.

as bks said, offset makes abig difference.. i'v got +40 on my car with 215/45/17.. it started scrubing with pedders lows when they started to sag with stock shocks.. back is was fine, but scrubed at the front, as they got worse they started to butcher the inner plastic gard.. now i got coils,, no scrubbing..

if your offset is too agressive you might want to try say, 205/40's.. it MAY help..

You can also add more negative camber to perhaps avoid scrubbing if its on the guard.

i had 215/45/17's.

You can also add more negative camber to perhaps avoid scrubbing if its on the guard.

camber is not adjustable at the rear of a torsion beam corolla.

i had 215/45/17's.

camber is not adjustable at the rear of a torsion beam corolla.

Yes forgot to say that. But wil_rolla said he was scrubbing at the front.

• 1 month later...