5 speed to 6 speed convo?

Here's the thing, the ZZ series corolla, celica, and MR-S all share the same bell housing bolt pattern. (i.e. C56, C60, C64, etc, etc) but they don't all share the same linkage. Have a look around, i'm sure this has been covered a few times.
so now does anyone have a c60 gearbox sitting in their garage so i can buy it off them

You sure the linkage will work?

The 6th gear difference between the c60 and c64 isn't worth fighting for, it'll make no difference to your top speed unless you have 300+hp to push through the drag. And I'm yet to see a track in Australia where you can reach that speed with a 1.8L engine.

To answer the question about my gearbox, C60 box from a JDM celica with LSD option fitted.

The linkages were already swapped around for me when i got the box, so for a fact that they are required to be changed.

I must agree with Dave on the point that if you already have a C64 there's not much point going to a C60, and by the same token, unless the C60 you have access to already has a LSD fitted, then its also not worth getting over a C64.

You can pick up a six speed from a wrecked sportivo for less than $600, similarly for a celica, but then you have linkage issues.

It was only pure luck that i found my gearbox from an importer with LSD and linkages sorted.

Turbo application, i personally would go strong E series 5spd LSD box, but then if you're going that far why not just do a complete 3S-GTE swap? My personal opinions. :)

• 3 weeks later...

so does anyone have a celica 6th i can put in this sportivo box? while i have it apart... ;) have developed a few upgrades for the box will post pics and info once im finished building it and made sure it all works ok

haha how bout you buy them from toyota and ill fit them to your box;) and pretend to lose the gears at work while fitting them to your box and have me a free set :P rofl, i might price them genuine through work n c wat they want, anyone have a vin from a celica with 6 speed i can use to price these gears at all?