DVD Burning

ck [03.14]

hi guys,

i jus wanted to noe if use cud help me out, cos im having major difficulty trying to put my mpegs files (music clips) onto dvd? ive tried so many ways but never get it right. jus wanna know how u guys do it? or have use done it?

cheers

there are two ways you could do it. it depends what sort of dvd you are after.

you can stick them on dvd as data files, so the dvd is set out just like your hard drive might be with folders and stuff... this means you can watch them through any computer with a dvd drive in it, but most dvd players you plug into the tv wont be able to read it.

to burn like this you can use any data dvd burning program - i prefer to use nero. there is a good program called 'cheetah dvd' i also use - its a free trial version for 15 days or something.

if you want to be able to view them on your tv through your dvd player, you will have to convert the files into dvd format (.vob), and then burn them onto dvd with whatever dvd burning program you have. i have never done this, but as far as i know you can download programs which will do this for you - just search something like 'mpeg to vob converter' or 'mpeg to dvd'

thats about all i can tell you...

there are two ways you could do it. it depends what sort of dvd you are after.

you can stick them on dvd as data files, so the dvd is set out just like your hard drive might be with folders and stuff... this means you can watch them through any computer with a dvd drive in it, but most dvd players you plug into the tv wont be able to read it.

to burn like this you can use any data dvd burning program - i prefer to use nero. there is a good program called 'cheetah dvd' i also use - its a free trial version for 15 days or something.

if you want to be able to view them on your tv through your dvd player, you will have to convert the files into dvd format (.vob), and then burn them onto dvd with whatever dvd burning program you have. i have never done this, but as far as i know you can download programs which will do this for you - just search something like 'mpeg to vob converter' or 'mpeg to dvd'

thats about all i can tell you...

thats wat i want to achieve. to turn mpeg files into a vob file. but it seems so hard?

• 1 month later...

You can always go to Brisbane Car Sound and buy a Zensonic Z330 DVD Player they are about $129 and will play MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, AVI, XVID, MP3, WMA JPG and PhotoCD files. For the price they are the duck's nuts they play just about anything you are likely to find in today's multimedia world. This thing plays these files in there raw format no problems even if the disk has different kinds of files on it.

This is an Aussie coy as well (although not made here just made for them).