Love tap.. of the ugly kind

5pm. Sitting at the freeway offramp. Waiting for the driver in front to exit so i could drive up and exit. Saw the lady start taking off and i followed slowly, she suddenly stopped and i stomped on the brakes. It was too late. A large barrage of swear words came from me as i couldnt believe the shock. I signalled to the driver in front to exit the offramp and pullover.

I got out and immediately started pointing the finger, asked her what she was doing and why she just stopped all of a sudden. Another driver saw the accident and had pulled over too. He told her to be more careful and because of her hesitation of when to exit, could of resulted in a far worse situation. She had 2 children with her and they were clearly shocked also. I felt bad indeed. I kneeled down and inspected my front; front left side scratched, circle plastic bit popped out, foglight and headlight is now loose from the bumper. I couldnt believe it. The pain.

We exchanged details and it is now being sorted through insurance. Full comprehensive on my end. $1,100 excess and 5-600 to cover her car. It was a Ford Focus. :angry:

I think i spent the next hour at home just lying down dumbfounded. I baby'ed my car so much and this happens.

So whats the point of all this ranting? Just letting everyone know, that this does happen. A long week, a tiring day, daydreaming or careless driving. It can happen to anyone. So be careful when you drive next and be observant of your surroundings and other drivers. It hurts a lot esp if you love your car.

:(

Rims and such will have to wait even longer..

bummer man sorry to hear, if i was there and saw it, id be on your side and tell insurance im a witness and its the ladies fauly, as if go then stop, but then again law doesnt say she cant stop, and u have to keep a safe distance, pics of damage??

Yeahi know, its my fault end of the day. i dont have any pics of the moment. its probli not that bad, it isnt that bad. its just exterior panel damage.. it just hurts me. lol and by the time i get photos it'll probli be fixed. Need it fixed asap because i need it to get around. Going to repair places tomorrow. See how it all goes.

Probli not the wisest thing to post your car being in an accident, but i feel impelled like this could help other guys (rollas or not) to be more cautious on the road esp if you've put a lot into your car as i said before.

Hmpppff! :(

Happened to me before, and my bumper bar just came outta the clips though, pushed it back in nothing wrong. Very very similiar scenario, but my car just rolled into his. At the end of the day, no matter how you look at it, it was my fault. $500 excess later and you move on.

Terrible news mate...i know exactly how you feel,i only just had mine repaired from a woman that hit me (on the way home from the last TOCAU Vic meet) in the rear while i was stopped at a red light. :angry:

omg feel sorry for you dude :( friend got his bumper quoted for over 1k so pretty gg :( i also did have an accident with someone else but i decided not to do insurance bcos my excess is like 1400 LOL decided to just find a body repair and pay for his and my damage to be fixed ended up to be only 900 :) but yeah if u think insurance is the way to go :)

Yeah i dont think it'll be less than 1k tho. Being a newish car, front having foglights and the washers for the headlights. It might have to be a whole front replacement. Im thinking its not so bad as the night settles in, still shattered it happened. *Sigh* now im sitting on rating 3 and have to pay more for insurance next year. 1 whole year and 2months of perfect driving. 10seconds of not paying more attention. :(

Sorry to hear mate. When your car takes a beating, it definitely doesn't feel good.

At the end of the day, no matter how careful you drive, you just can't prepare for what other hopeless drivers on the road can do. I have had my car in the panel beaters once before, and have had two near misses in less than a week... all thanks to hopeless drivers out there.

wait why do you have to pay for her car? dont u get covered for third party accidental damage? bcos i thought all you need to pay is your excess? right? bcos that what my friend did all he paid for was his excess and it covered him and the car he hit ? i might be wrong but...

wait why do you have to pay for her car? dont u get covered for third party accidental damage? bcos i thought all you need to pay is your excess? right? bcos that what my friend did all he paid for was his excess and it covered him and the car he hit ? i might be wrong but...

I think your right ray. Excess i think covers both ends. I think if i was to not go through with insurance it'd be a hell lot more. Just went to 2 repairers. First one was professional and good; took photos, checked out my whole front end and made me feel reassured. Explained to what happens on their end and the insurance. That he needed to call Toyota for prices and i left with their business card. Took about 30minutes.

Second look so dodgy. Garage was packed. Didnt even take photos of the damaged area. Spent about 5minutes. Barely talked to me. I'll avoid him.

Number plate is dented, probli get a replacement, one of the 'lugs' (?) for my left headlight broke which i didnt see before. The first place said they'll have to take off the front bumper to see if theres any damage behind it and work it out from there with insurance.

WHAT A FREAKINN HEADACHE!!!

hey johnie who you with for insurance? your excess should only be $950

your excess isnt the same as someone else's - we all have different excesses. theres a basic excess, which varies between state/territory and insurance companies (usually around the $400-$500 mark, some states are $200 with some insurers). then there's an age excess, licence excess (for l's, p's and international), special excess (for bad driving/criminal histories) and then unnominated driver excess (if youre not listed on policy and its got the restricted driver option)

long story short, there's no standard amount.

your excess isnt the same as someone else's - we all have different excesses. theres a basic excess, which varies between state/territory and insurance companies (usually around the $400-$500 mark, some states are $200 with some insurers). then there's an age excess, licence excess (for l's, p's and international), special excess (for bad driving/criminal histories) and then unnominated driver excess (if youre not listed on policy and its got the restricted driver option)

rarely are the same but u do get some people have the same excess like me dad and my friends dad have the same excess only have to pay 500 lol but yeah my smash repair said i was lucky that i didnt hit my light or else it would be freaking expensive he said like between roughly 200 - 500 a light or something bcos its motorised LOl soz

Mines 1,100 being that im under 25 even though im on my fulls. Im with Just Cars (AAMI).

You cant see the scratches.

post-10034-1253339362_thumb.jpg

post-10034-1253339487_thumb.jpg

post-10034-1253339676_thumb.jpg

And until it gets fixed.. theres this loose shaky noise while driving.. and im always paranoid that its affected something else so i try to listen real hard and feel the car to see if its normal. :angry:

You don't need to explain excesses to me, I work in insurance. I already know what state he is in. I know which company charges what excess hence the question who he is with.

Vinh

You don't need to explain excesses to me, I work in insurance. I already know what state he is in. I know which company charges what excess hence the question who he is with.

Vinh

lol doesnt look that bad but that crack ouch LOL gg man feel sorry for u