remus mufller

i was thinking about getting a custom cat back exhaust for my corolla, what does everyone think about that? is it a good idea to do that? or is it better to go for a remus or apexi?

i say go custom if you want aussie steel, but if you want european get remus or jap spec go apexi then

The Japanese use Aussie or Thai Steel anyway... but either way it's all made from Aussie ore!!! :P

I'm guessing you're talking about a mild-steel custom exhaust for $360. The branded one will probably be stainless steel. I don't think the type of steel will make any difference in performance gains. Stainless steel would be more durable.

Also, not sure about corollas, but for S15s, the japanese bolt-on exhausts aren't fitted to the car's underbody, so you lose ground clearance. With a custom exhaust, you'll be sure you maintain ground clearance.

Ahhh thanks for that, i never really thought bout what it was made of eh, i guess i'd be wanting stainless steel... don't want a hole to be eaten out of my exhaust, and ground clearance is something that i've never thought about...

so im guessing the remus is a simple bolt on system? no cutting and welding...

I'm guessing you're talking about a mild-steel custom exhaust for $360. The branded one will probably be stainless steel. I don't think the type of steel will make any difference in performance gains. Stainless steel would be more durable.

Also, not sure about corollas, but for S15s, the japanese bolt-on exhausts aren't fitted to the car's underbody, so you lose ground clearance. With a custom exhaust, you'll be sure you maintain ground clearance.