New Sydney member here

aekOne

Hey guys,

My names Aek and i'm from Annandale in Sydney. I've just scored a free 1990 Corolla Seca (maroon of course) from my mates girlfriend. It currently has a blown head gasket so am looking at what options i have in regard to repairing it/getting back on the road ASAP. The obvious thing to do is replace the head gasket but i'm also looking onto maybe upgrading to something like a 4A-FE or 4A-GE. Just need to see what is around at the wreckers etc and go from there i guess...when she's back on the road it'll become my daily as my other car is always in the garage getting work done. Any tips or suggestions are much appreciated as i currently know next to nothing about Toyotas.

My pride and joy is my Subaru Legacy Gen 2 (has been converted to JDM wrx engine and driveline) which i've been building for the past couple of years. Unfortunately it's getting to the point where it's off the road more than it's on it so have been looking for a daily for a while and hopefully this Seca, once repaired should do the trick nicely :)

Cheers

Aek

Sorry i know this is a Toyota forum but heres a pic of my suby anyway :P :

gen_2_balmainz.jpg

Edited by aekOne

Hey Aek - best of luck with those Rolla aspirations, you've certainly got a great base to start from :) As you said, plenty of paths to go down!

Very nice looking Suby too :D

thanks for the welcome Tash :)

yeah i think i'll pull the heads off tomorrow and check out their condition. if they're ok then i'll just replace the gaskets and get it back on the road as soon as i can. if the heads are damaged then i'll need to decide what i want to do for plan b?!?