sound systems

wilbur94

hello,

i was wondering to everyone with aurions with sound systems i wanting to get a good sound system with soround sound with min speakers of 12 and max 18 including subwoffers and a overhead dvdplayer with optinal moonroof installed im looking to spend around 5,000$ max so if any of you people have a sound system that is good but not as good as this and it gives you good sound

thanks

wilbur94

(p.s this is my dream sorround sound system)

MINIMUM 12 SPEAKERS???!!! your nuts, you dont need that many speakers just to get the surround. you need splits for the front, and maybe customise your door panels to fit 2x 6x9s and another set of splits. be sure you get good brand speakers. i recommend jl audios (others are welcome to add to the list), ive only used these and still have them and is happy.

also what sub-woofer level are you looking into? you got hardcore doof doof (spl - competition subs) or sound quality.

where abouts are you located?

When you're talking sound, what you have to work with; $5000 really isn't that much for what you're looking at getting. 12 speakers, screen mounts and the installation and fabrication of the interior is going to set you back more than double that if you want it done right. If you split that up, it would be something like 4 tweeters and 6-8 woofers as well as a sub sitting in the boot - that would really require some professional work.

Sure, with $5k you can get a more than decent set of tweeters, 2 pairs of 6.5's, a sub and 2 amps to power everything, installed with a GPS headunit and 2 passenger screens. Even get a set of splits installed in the passenger doors, but you're really not working with enough for what you want. Maybe start there and build on it with time.

that unit looks incredible indeed! very different from other aftermarket options, it appears to be closely based on the factory GPS unit. Even the rather basic IPOD interface that the other aftermarket units seem stuck with doesn't appear on this one.

hello, again

i have a factory satnav head unit and i have got a aftermarket ipod interface installed (the satnav unit thinks the ipod is a cd and the controlls on the stearing wheel still work) i was looking at a harmon/kardon amp speakers ect. or bang and olefsen i prefere the harmon/kardon logic 7 set up this is the same one in my sons E350

thanks wilbur94