Kluger Cargo Net

Hado

One of the small things I miss from my Discovery 2a is the shopping bag hook in the left of the centre console. One or two plastic shopping bags or takeaway Chinese food in a plastic bag hung in the passenger floor well nicely without sliding around the floor.

The hooks in the very back of the Kluger are not high enough to hang normal shopping bags - the bag handles are taller than the hooks and they just slide around the rear area spilling their contents out when you go around corners.

The hooks are really designed for the OEM envelope cargo net they sell in the USA.

See pic below:

post-14696-1255342897_thumb.jpg

With this system opening just the rear window to put shopping bags in makes sense.

Does anyone have one of these?

The part number for Gen 1 Klugers is PT347-48041 (I think they need the top hooks to install)

The part number for Gen 2 Klugers is PT347-48080

Also can we get these in Australia?

You can get them on USA eBay - but the shipping is as much as the cargo net.

eBay Cargo Net

• 3 weeks later...
One of the small things I miss from my Discovery 2a is the shopping bag hook in the left of the centre console. One or two plastic shopping bags or takeaway Chinese food in a plastic bag hung in the passenger floor well nicely without sliding around the floor.

The hooks in the very back of the Kluger are not high enough to hang normal shopping bags - the bag handles are taller than the hooks and they just slide around the rear area spilling their contents out when you go around corners.

The hooks are really designed for the OEM envelope cargo net they sell in the USA.

See pic below:

With this system opening just the rear window to put shopping bags in makes sense.

The part number for Gen 1 Klugers is PT347-48041 (I think they need the top hooks to install)

eBay Cargo Net

I was hoping there was something like this avaiable in AU. In my dads Captiva, hes got the Holden OEM one, and its great. If you have any luck sourcing one in AU, let me know!

See pic below:

eBay Cargo Net

I was hoping there was something like this avaiable in AU. In my dads Captiva, hes got the Holden OEM one, and its great. If you have any luck sourcing one in AU, let me know!

Repco and Super Cheap Auto have a non geniune one that I use in my Kluger, probably not as deep as the OEM one but very effective. Only cost about $15.

Cheers, thanks for the info! Do you have any more info on the net? Brand, size, and if its a universal one, or one specially for the Kluger. Cheers.

Just bought 1 from supercheap auto. Universal type - SCA brand, Trunk Net. 100cm x 50cm. $25.68. Fits well, doesn't look that deep but is elastic and stretchs quite a bit. Can also be used as a cargo net, ie flattened out (see pic on packaging below). It has plastic clips on each corner, but these do not connect to the shopping bag hooks in the kluger. You can however remove the plastic clips and simply use the elastic loop. This works ok, but probably needs to be looped over the shopping bag hooks twice to be more secure.

See images below:

02112009001.jpg

packaging

02112009002.jpg

installed

02112009003.jpg

attachment to shopping bag hooks.

Edited by KXRuising

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for that! off to supercheap this weekend

Cheers, thanks for the info! Do you have any more info on the net? Brand, size, and if its a universal one, or one specially for the Kluger. Cheers.

Just bought 1 from supercheap auto. Universal type - SCA brand, Trunk Net. 100cm x 50cm. $25.68. Fits well, doesn't look that deep but is elastic and stretchs quite a bit. Can also be used as a cargo net, ie flattened out (see pic on packaging below). It has plastic clips on each corner, but these do not connect to the shopping bag hooks in the kluger. You can however remove the plastic clips and simply use the elastic loop. This works ok, but probably needs to be looped over the shopping bag hooks twice to be more secure.

See images below:

02112009001.jpg

packaging

02112009002.jpg

installed

02112009003.jpg

attachment to shopping bag hooks.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought and installed a black one of the SCA cargo nets.

I took the four clips off the corners of the net and reinstalled two of them halfway along the net with black Velcro cable straps so they could connect to the tie down point beneath the shopping bag hooks.

This seems to hold down the corner elastic loops better and the net has never come off.

The net makes opening the rear window to put something small in the back worthwhile.

It also creates a barrier to stop anything falling out when you open the full rear door.