ZRE Cat. Back Exhaust System

Thanks Daryl,

Solid proof of the gain will be provided in due course, provided I can find a stock ZRE owner to dyno their car as stock, so we can compare the gains more accurately that way. A power gain is a power gain, regardless of how much it is, for NA engine it's noticeable, hence my feedback.

Anyway, I just came back from Hi-Tech and decided to add another small resonator in-line to completely quieten down the system and I am completely satisfied with noise level now. That little bit of drone which some people like didn't go well with my sensitive hearing LOL :)

wow must sound near stock? when i did my zorst i just swapped the axle back for a twin loop and it made very little difference in sound! it was not ujntil i removed the centre muffler and repaced it with a smaller one did i hear noise!

Thanks Daryl,

Solid proof of the gain will be provided in due course, provided I can find a stock ZRE owner to dyno their car as stock, so we can compare the gains more accurately that way. A power gain is a power gain, regardless of how much it is, for NA engine it's noticeable, hence my feedback.

Anyway, I just came back from Hi-Tech and decided to add another small resonator in-line to completely quieten down the system and I am completely satisfied with noise level now. That little bit of drone which some people like didn't go well with my sensitive hearing LOL :)

wow must sound near stock? when i did my zorst i just swapped the axle back for a twin loop and it made very little difference in sound! it was not ujntil i removed the centre muffler and repaced it with a smaller one did i hear noise!

Yep, almost as quiet as the stock with a very nice purr when I get to 2000RPM. When idling I can't hear it at all.

if you didn't want your system to be so loud you should have stuck with the stock piping size and had the four tips come out of the end without the 3 resonators. Would have saved you heaps of trouble and $$$.

if you didn't want your system to be so loud you should have stuck with the stock piping size and had the four tips come out of the end without the 3 resonators. Would have saved you heaps of trouble and $$$.

Don't think so mate. The stock piping is very restrictive at 1.25" and the sound now is exactly as I want it. It's worth every cent spent on it.

I didn't pay that much money for looks only ;)

Hi Guys,

As I told some of you tonight when heading to the meet-up tonight I noticed the car was behaving a bit strange in terms of RPM stability. Driving down a hill if I lift off my foot from the accelerator and touch the brakes a bit to slow the car down the RPM jumps from 2000RPM to 3000RPM and stays there until I hit the accelerator hard enough for it to drop. At idle with the air-con on, the RPM needle doesn't stay in the same place, it goes to about 1000RPM and then drops down again to about 800RPM.

I wonder if the ECU is asking for a re-set after installing the cat. back system or if I need to take to Toyota to do the idle re-learn? Very strange indeed.

I will re-set the ECU tomorrow morning and see what happens.

Hi Guys,

As I told some of you tonight when heading to the meet-up tonight I noticed the car was behaving a bit strange in terms of RPM stability. Driving down a hill if I lift off my foot from the accelerator and touch the brakes a bit to slow the car down the RPM jumps from 2000RPM to 3000RPM and stays there until I hit the accelerator hard enough for it to drop. At idle with the air-con on, the RPM needle doesn't stay in the same place, it goes to about 1000RPM and then drops down again to about 800RPM.

I wonder if the ECU is asking for a re-set after installing the cat. back system or if I need to take to Toyota to do the idle re-learn? Very strange indeed.

I will re-set the ECU tomorrow morning and see what happens.

Hey, as for the idle with the aircon is on it usally jumps around. as for your hill thing it could be the torque converter slipping, and when u re apply the accelorator the torque converter locks up again?

All OK now, the ECU re-set solved the problem. I can even feel more power now. hahahahaha :lol:

Was standing near the Rolla listening to the purr this morning, it was quiet outside so I could listen to it carefully. Yummmm :D :D

The exhaust system already doing its magic LOL :)

I went to the local post office this morning and this guy in a Sportivo Camry pulls over and asks me "Is this an Aurion or a Camry?"

I said, it's a Corolla mate, he goes "I've never seen a Corolla with dual exhaust system on it" hahahaha :lol:

I told him, "Well, you have seen one just now and it's not like the rest of the Corolla's out there" :P

Never thought that such a mod would attract attention, but there you go ;)

Here is a pic explaining where the cat. converter is:

post-15048-1255553394_thumb.jpg

Only one of the O2 (Oxygen Sensors) is showing in this pic, the other O2 sensor is before the cat. converter further up. I also think that this is the second cat. converter, as there would be another one built into the exhaust manifold as part of the extractors.

The price of this cat. back system is $980.00 (plus GST) supplied & fitted and it carry's 10 years warranty which is more than any factory warranty on any exhaust system I have ever seen. The entire system is Stainless Steel (not mild steel) which means it will never rust!

It's black because I told them to paint the pipes and the mufflers for a "sleeper look" ;)

Looks good mate and glad you are happy with it. Certainly does make the CES catback for the ZZE122/3 seem reasonably priced at $960 ;) ;)