AE82 Twincam

jaderd

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

after a fair bit of driving in the car i think i am opting for sports seats fairly soon in the modding stages....the stock seats just arent doing it for me....getting sore bum bones ( i dont have any ***** meat) and semi cramps in left leg re. softness and lack of rigidity/ design of the old seat.....never had problem in sportvo, cant seem to get exact driving position i want in these seats mainly due to not being able to get right combo in lumbar support thing and tilt as seat base is although solid still sags compared to a "proper" seat

Prob something like this $450 for a pair including universal rails from justjap.....need to measure stock seats and suss all out etc.

blackrecarostyle.jpg

Edited by jaderd

hey all, koh samui going well....atv mountain / jungle tour starting in 20 mins....also the toyota Fortuner are an awesome looking rig, seem kind of like a new version of toyota surf....wish we had them in oz...have taken afew pics of diff cars and rims etc

ATV ride went well lol, of course mate hit my bike, got back at end argued for over 45 mins about bike and whether we caused damage etc....were ready to get the tourist police involved....in the end a very nominal aussie dollar fee settled it all....what a waste of 45 min lol

• 3 weeks later...

Back in melb....will post up some pics of nice rides i saw while there....think i spotted what looked similar to a TE27 sprinter....

update.....the Emanage blue never arrived and paypal have sorted it all and i have my $295 dollars back.

Seats above i rang and they include universal rails although i think you then also need to mount those rails im guessing to your car which is another job all together ? i will ring again and confirm before i buy anything.....best case scenario they are called universal rails as they adjust to fit length and width and then you just drill holes in right spot for bolts.....im not sure

Back in melb....will post up some pics of nice rides i saw while there....think i spotted what looked similar to a TE27 sprinter....

update.....the Emanage blue never arrived and paypal have sorted it all and i have my $295 dollars back.

Seats above i rang and they include universal rails although i think you then also need to mount those rails im guessing to your car which is another job all together ? i will ring again and confirm before i buy anything.....best case scenario they are called universal rails as they adjust to fit length and width and then you just drill holes in right spot for bolts.....im not sure

Good to hear you got your money back.

You will need some custom rails to make the universal sliders fit. All you really need is someone with a welder ;)

- new exhaust next wed....just in time for christmas

genie extractors (possible genie secondaries or made up ones) 2.25" cat back press bend (very neat) mild steel, 12-14 hotdog resonator and generic sports rear muffler.

- priced brake upgrade, getting one more price comparison off a mate then ill grab them ready for install jan - RDA slotted rotors all round and EBC green stuff, thanks to Chris/Nick for sending me in right direction with basic brake upgrade.

have decided on RDA extreme ....new one 18 month warranty or 30,000km.....after some info on EBC green apparently for normal use like i would be doing with the odd cruise day they would not suit too well, quite abrasive and dont do alot until they are heated up, and also chew through rotors....think i will go the bit more efficient and cost effective way

RDA vented slotted rotors $150 pair

RDA extreme pads $80 for four

:) add oil and its still a fair cheap upgrade

Edited by jaderd

Green Stuff Kevlar a road sport upgrade brake pad for vehicles up to 750 Kilos.

Red Stuff Ceramic for performance vehicles involved in fast street,rally or asphalt racing.

Yellowstuff full race compound for road, rally and race cars.

Bluestuff for race cars and track use only.

^^^ straight from their site...

i use red stuff up front and green stuff on the rear... i cant comment on the "long term" usage of these, but i cant fault them for street driving...

yes, the redstuff up the front take a few stops to get heat into them, but apart from that, its pretty good... :)

yeah......i think i will go the RDA extreme as they are more suited to my situation.....i wont be going alot harder than what i am now re driving until i get full suspension setup and that will be a few months off and even then i think the RDA extreme will be good enough for me.....guess they are only pads, can change whenever really.

yeah seat hunting is ok, basically i want the ones above which are only 459$ pair.....just need to investigate mounting them re. costs and ensuring full legalities. Pretty sure they need to be looked at / installed by someone so as can be engineered and legal.

Will go ahead with the easy stuff first although i think seats will come before the suspension package.....slowly saving up cash to do it all, i think by June next year everything will be done including Emanage and tune....isnt really alot to do.

All IHE aspects should be done by Wed :)

Buy brake package next week or early into new year then install soon after with ppl doing / showing me how to do it at my house with beers and food :)

Cressida lip has been ordered in the GB

Then its just Seats / Sussy and Tune aspects and majors done and ill be happy, then cosmetic aspects can come about as i have spare doors and rear hatch etc and heaps of interior rubbers and AC vents etc etc

Edited by jaderd

ok, so havent got to the wreckers yet to check if the secondaries are there and not sure if can be bothered tomoz.

Figured i just get guy to make secondaries as he said no prob and he is great value and brilliant job done always.

My question then is should i go the extra bit of cash and get a new high flow cat as currently that is the only piece of whole system that will be 20+ years old?

Opinions plz......seems like a rhetorical question really ;)

any recc on cheap high flow cat.....dont need anything extreme just the most basic one, really just because old cat must be getting tired and doing the whole exhasut so best replace and therefore go high flow.

thanx dave, was speaking to mick and he mentioned also a 2nd hand V6 commodore one would suffice or just keep stock, i dont mind spending 50-70 $ on that aspect so ill see what the guy has on offer on wed, he may have an old commy one or similar sitting around which he can chuck in, just figure something newer than 1987 would be good.

cheers

Exhaust done from cat back, didnt have time to do the headers before christmas / new year as he needs to make some secondaries to fit to the genie extractors.

from cat back its 2.25" 14 inch hotdog muffler and rear sports muffler (not straight through) no tip just painted black and has the 2 inches of 2.25" sticking out of rear muffler.

is good although i feel its a little too loud /slight droany for me so i think i will get him to whack another resonator in their closer to the back when he does the headers etc....thats generally the fix yeah ?

also got new rear engine mount put in, complete mount not just insert, the other one (for the front closest to radiator) bursons gave me was the wrong one :( so once again that will happen in january, only replacing front and rear engine mounts at moment as they are fair crappy from the engine movement over the years

Merry Christmas to all

Edited by jaderd

• 2 weeks later...

from jumping under car im fair sure its 2.5" exhaust as it measure 62mm.....pretty sure he has accidentally done this...no real biggy and will be better anyway for once tuned, will just have to get him to put in a larger resonator/inline muffler.....something like a VE commodore one as andy had to do this on his stivo in the past to reduce the drone / resonance

Edited by jaderd

Hey all,

went to the wreckers to get the secondaries that belong to my headers which i already have and unfortunately they are welded up to the whole exhaust :(...didnt want to waste another trip to wreckers so sussed the car out again and found a pretty much brand new whiteline fully adjustable rear sway bar.....quickly took it off and payed my new friend (same young chick working as last time) $19.80 for the sway.....i let her keep the 20c when i payed with a $20. To make it even better i chatted to the guy there and he said come back on sunday and he will angle grind off the section i need from the exhaust :) very happy so soon the car will have full IHE and also the rear sway bar.

i love going to wreckers

whitelinerearsway.jpg