NEW SPEC PRESARA

Hey All,

Just got a new presara SEPT 09 only done 1500km's sent the car back to the dealer ship because of rattles in the rear and in the L/H Side B Piller (where the drivers seatbelt is)

They Found that in the rear their was a spot weld missing in the parcel shelf so they regapped it, all good.

But they could not find what was the Rattle in the B piller, I have taken it apart myself and still have not had luck in locating the slight spring type of Rattle.

Does any one have any ideas on what it might be ???? please help as I cant stand rattles

Thanks heaps in advance...

could be the spring in the latch which enables you to adjust the height of the seatbelt.

without looking at it... you could unclip the spring, and put another twist in the coil. could make it firmer, reducing the rattle.

I have put some thick grease on it, I know messy............ but still rattles and what makes things worse it not consistent, some times a straigh road and it starts to rattle some times start getting bumbs and no rattle.........driving me nuts

Sigh*.. Even after 2 years.. Still no improvements from Toyota for this issue.. Few people did go back few times to the dealer until the rattles actually stopped. Maybe that's what you should do.. :lol:

Try tighening all the bolts on the doors, I had the same kind of rattle, ended up being loose bolts for the door lock assy...

Thanks for the info, did that today, stripped the door trims checked all nuts and bolts, took it for a test drive and still their....

GRRRRRRRRRRRR toyota better find what it is, starting to reall work me up...

Try tighening all the bolts on the doors, I had the same kind of rattle, ended up being loose bolts for the door lock assy...

Thanks for the info, did that today, stripped the door trims checked all nuts and bolts, took it for a test drive and still their....

mATE, i HAD A SIMILAR RATTLE, BUT SILLY ME, IT WAS AS ACTUALLY THE SEAT BELT CATCH THINGO TAPPING EVERY NOW AN THEN AGAINST THE PILLAR. DOSE IT HAPPEN WHEN YOU'VE GOT A FRONT SEAT PASSENGER OR TRAVELLING ALONE ???

mATE, i HAD A SIMILAR RATTLE, BUT SILLY ME, IT WAS AS ACTUALLY THE SEAT BELT CATCH THINGO TAPPING EVERY NOW AN THEN AGAINST THE PILLAR. DOSE IT HAPPEN WHEN YOU'VE GOT A FRONT SEAT PASSENGER OR TRAVELLING ALONE ???

Yeah. Get that one quite a bit. It's just one of the many different rattles that have been noted on the Aurion:

Rattles in your Aurion

One rattle I forgot to mention is the front passenger seatbelt. Nothing that one can easily fix, just a design flaw. If you are driving without a passenger in the front, the seatbelt buckle keeps knocking against the plastic trim. Kind of annoys me sometimes.

Happens every time i dont have a service tech in the car from toyota, held the seat belt while driving applied pressure to the window, applied pressure to the seat belt.......

Been to toyota three times, two our three techs have herd the noise, but the main wants me to bring the car in, he is going to be doing it himself, as he is intrugued

the rattle is coming from the drivers side B piller so the seat belt is plugged inn, and it right in your ear........ hoping to have it sorted next week................