Rattles in your Aurion

Rattles??  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guys,

Toyota contacted me today offering to replace my car (finally) or they will repay the purchase price to me but upon more googling i am finding more and more complaints on the typical dash pad rattle (creaking) and would like to get an idea on how far spread out this problem is.

I'd like to also find out if the 2008 built Aurion's still have rattles in the Dash Pads and Centre Consoles.

Your comments much appreciated.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear they are goign to replace your car~! =)

I think i have some rattles coming somewhere from the center console around the middle aircon vents.

and also front passanger seat vibrates/rattles a bit wen going over little bumps or rough surfaces.

Edited by ZZR88

I get squeaks in my dash pad but thats only when I go over decent bumps. Under smooth driving and small bumps, it's fine. I listen to my music fairly loud which is good at making any sounds so I never ever notice it. Also, because of the bass my parcel shelf rattles sometimes, but that is due to myself.

Yea..I also noticed that a couple of days ago..

I ma go to Toyota if i have spare time..

Edited by VF-X

I have an 06' build.

Have a few dash rattles (nothing major, only happend on larger bumps) and the sunroof "creeks" which is something to do with the body twisting with the seals (i think). Goes away when oiled, but has to be done fairly frequently. Have no centre console rattles though....

Visited the Government aucitons today to have a look around (not for me, for someone else). Had a seat in a SS, Calais V Series and a WM Statesman. Boy, was I horrified. The plastics and build quality was horrid. The Aurion is much, much better(not to say its great).

Should be interesting to see what the build quality is like in the FG falcon.

Also note, a series 2 aurion should be due out late this year. Hopefully this will contain a few fixes etc.

Im currently eyeing off the new Mazda 6 (pitty it's only a 4cyl). The reviews are great and they look awsome.

Yep, I have a 2008 SX6 (In New Zealand)

I have just passed 14,500k and the car is going in next week for 1st service and several fixes.

Rattles, yes, the centre consul. A Hard plastic rattle that responds to bumpy roads. I think it's coming from passanger and centre vents, but also Toyota blue tooth speaker pick-up mounted on the steering column rattles.

The parcel shelf rattles sometimes.

Issues I have had since buying this car in March 2008 are..

- Carpet centre consul drivers side falling down - Fixed by Toyota

- Rear Parcel Shelf rattle - moderately successful fix by Toyota

- Rear Bumper coming adrift both sides of car - Fixed by Toyota, blamed on Tow bar installers

- Speakers - Popping at "0" bass. Now have them at -2 and still they pop with standard modern pop/rock music

I complained second day I had the car and it is on their list to look at but I don't think I will get anywhere here as the speakers ARE just plain crap!

- Rattles - Passenger and centre consul hard plastic rattle - To Be looked at by Toyota

- Bluetooth - Rattles and the connection is not long enough to allow the steering to be moved out - Toyota are blaming third party Toyota Bluetooth installer

- Rear Heater Demister either is not working or is useless if it is

Toyota have a courtesy car for me so they have no pressure to get the service done and fix these issues. I spend a lot of time in this car in my work and they are

small but very annoying problems.

----------------

I dont think the dash problems are a build issue but rather a design one. It happening to some Lexus models too so it seems to be some common design problem with them.

I dont think the dash problems are a build issue but rather a design one. It happening to some Lexus models too so it seems to be some common design problem with them.

ohhhhh ok icic

mines an 07 sx6 model and i have nothiing at all

2 sub stereo nothing i wouldnt expect

lowered, no problems

18" wheels, no problems

travel on nt gravel roads everyday nearly and, no problems

tow a atv trailer on these same roads all around nt for racing, no problems

i just ot the problem of my missus gettin my bumper caught on a kerb and breaking acouple of clips so no that wiggles of but my plastic welder will fix that

Out of interest, those with ZR's or leather seats, what are these like (maintenance, comfort, ageing etc).

I normally steer clear of leather, cause it normally looks crap after a year or so with creases etc. But these seem to hold up well, whilst they arn't perfect, they look a lot better then some cars of similar age(I thinks it might be because of the cross-hatch pattern used). I never use any products on them.

I stayed away from leather because every other car I have had has ended up looking ******* even though I looked after it.

I also find leather hot in summer?

I should also add that other than the rattles I am very happy with the car and so far with Toyota's response to my concerns - yet to be seen if they back that up with action :rolleyes:

----------------

I got 07 SX6 and I have no rattles or squeaks.

Maybe I am just lucky. :whistling:

Ditto here, the only b!tch on my behalf is my head unit. It's not loading cd's again, and it wont for a week or so, and then it goes away for 3 weeks, it's drivin me f$%king nuts. Surely this is covered by warranty.

the only rattle on my TRD comes from the sunroof when i go over a bump or go up a steep gutter... and thats only if i have the sunroof cover open... if thats shut, then i dont hear a thing...

......................apart from this annoying whine from the front of the car... does anyone know wtf is going on with that!? :huh:

:P hehehhee

the only rattle on my TRD comes from the sunroof when i go over a bump or go up a steep gutter... and thats only if i have the sunroof cover open... if thats shut, then i dont hear a thing...

......................apart from this annoying whine from the front of the car... does anyone know wtf is going on with that!? :huh:

No idea what that could be. Maybe take it to Toyota for a look? :rolleyes:

Hope you aren't complaining about your supercharger, lol. That's one sound I would love to have.

One rattle I forgot to mention is the front passenger seatbelt. Nothing that one can easily fix, just a design flaw. If you are driving without a passenger in the front, the seatbelt buckle keeps knocking against the plastic trim. Kind of annoys me sometimes.

Anyone here with a 2008 built Aurion with these problems?

I have an '08 ZR6 - took delivery about a month or so ago:

rattles: I definitely have one in the roof (Just behind moon-roof) however I know this is caused by loose cables for aftermarket roof-mounted dvd player (I will fix these when I re-run them as installer did a bit of a dodgy rush job here - I will wrap all cables in padding and see if I can't tighten them up). Otherwise, I may have one in the back-left parcel shelf area...I am thinking it may even be the seat belt assy. Won't know for sure until I take care of the roof and will let u know how it goes but not overly concerned about it.

leather: no regrets with the leather as yet - I have 2 boys (4 and 7), they should give it a work-out over the life of the car...as far as the front seats are concerned, comfortable as hell and I must say, they don't look too bad either! Heat? park the car in the shade brutha ;-)