Rattles in your Aurion

Rattles??  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One rattle I forgot to mention is the front passenger seatbelt. Nothing that one can easily fix, just a design flaw. If you are driving without a passenger in the front, the seatbelt buckle keeps knocking against the plastic trim. Kind of annoys me sometimes.

yes i do have this as well... but i've only ever noticed it when the passenger hasnt returned the seatbelt to its proper position...

as in, its not sitting parallel with the door trim...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only rattle for me is when I put the speed of the AC/fan very high...then I can hear the fin rattle but if you make a certain angle it is ok but I give up on this since the dealer said already replace it for me but I still get the same issue. I am not put the speed on high anyway...

I own 2007 Sept/Oct build touring.

Edit: does who said no rattle at all, would you mind test and put the fan speed all the way up and then hear it or move to a certain angle please? let me know the outcome. thanks.

Edited by insi

You need to add the Moonroof to the poll as mine rattles like crazy

Moonroof added. I am surprised with the amount of owners with rattling problems in their cars. Toyota have really let down their customers in this department. Gone are the days of legendary Toyota build quality!

2007 Build Prodigy

- Front Passenger's head rest if no passenger is seating

- Front Passenger's seat belt

- Driver's side sun visor when hitting bumps

- Centre air vents when turned on high

- Lock in rear ski-hole..Caused by subs though

- Centre dash

Apart from these, very happy with the car. Was a passenger in a mate's 380 SX and it had rattles big time as well!

When I lived in the Uk my company had 4 lexus IS250s Three of them had rattles that were never rectified in spite of having had the dashes out etc ..one car was returned for a full refund!this is a lexus toyota problem that really lets the brand down ...even my son's 18 K suzuki swift is rattle free!!

alan

im genuinly suprised that theres so much rattling going on and toyora doesnt do anything about it lol ive told the people at work aswell lol =] well at least the engines all good right guys?? thats cuz i build them =] ahah

just sent my car in for servicing today.. the service advisor also told me when picking the car up that i have to send the car in again next week for a recall.. fixing something under the dash..

im genuinly suprised that theres so much rattling going on and toyora doesnt do anything about it lol ive told the people at work aswell lol =] well at least the engines all good right guys?? thats cuz i build them =] ahah

Engine is great it is just the interior etc

alan

well i thought i was not part of the rattle group in the aurion but was i wrong

i have recently found a fair bit wrong with the car at moment

1. i got a rattle from left had side in dash

2. clunk from front right wheel

but there is a new recall on aurion i been adviced of middle console moves

i have a massive list for them for this service so hope they do it all

How long they said they gonna need the car to fix the rattles..?

Need to know the length period b4 i can spend my days without her... :(

How long they said they gonna need the car to fix the rattles..?

Need to know the length period b4 i can spend my days without her... :(

two days but they say that three is possible in case of problems when the dash goes back in

alan

Hi, I have a pressara and have only had 2 problems both were fix immediately by my local dealer after the initial request - no questions or delays by them.

I had the sunroof clunk when applying a twisting motion to the car e.g going across speed hump. They had the car 2 days, gave me a loner and after 8 month haven't heard that noise again.

I also had the dash rattle and again only had to advise them and it was booked in, they had it for 1.5 days and again 2 weeks on no rattle/noise to be heard.

Both times the dealer said if I was concerned that the problem continued/resurface to advise them immediately and they would attend to it immediately.

I suppose some dealers have a good customer relationship and dont want bad publicity.

Edited by fuel miser

My cars goin in next tuesday to hopefully fix the dash rattle... Dealer claims itll only take a day, apparantly bringing the dash forward abit and inserting something to stop the rattle. We shall see!

My cars goin in next tuesday to hopefully fix the dash rattle... Dealer claims itll only take a day, apparantly bringing the dash forward abit and inserting something to stop the rattle. We shall see!

Had mind dash done last Thursday, plus the moonroof rattle fixed as well, all done in 8.5 hours.

Car is like new, not a rattle anywhere.

Picking my car up today, re booked back in next wednesday for a recall job. Wiring Harness under the dash caused the problem i think they said. Day job take the entire dash out. We'll see if that works!

Picking my car up today, re booked back in next wednesday for a recall job. Wiring Harness under the dash caused the problem i think they said. Day job take the entire dash out. We'll see if that works!

Two day job dash out and new clips now quiet! Like new again

alan

Day job for a dash out? Which dealer did you send it too? Its not a day job to remove the dash...the whole dash out - dash in job should take no more than 3-4hrs tops

Day job for a dash out? Which dealer did you send it too? Its not a day job to remove the dash...the whole dash out - dash in job should take no more than 3-4hrs tops

Min took a day and a half at Sydney City Toyota

alan

My dash has been pulled out twice. The second time it was almost perfect. Now 6 weeks down the track there is a new ratttle, (not all the time) coming from behind the radio/cd head unit. I took out the centre console and head unit, the rattle sounds like it is coming from inside the heater somewhere. Has anyone experienced this. It is an entirely new sound to the original dash rattles. Really annoying :angry:

Ermm...Just wonderin guys..

When u people put ur Aurion into service and such with complaints of rattles and creaks evrywhere,

Do u guys pay any $?

I *had* not a single rattle or creak in mine until after a tree branch smashed the windscreen... since then and having windscreen replaced twice (insurance tried to skimp on glass quality), now i have constant rattles around the area of the dash that is near the windscreen... also has an exhaust rattle and clunk while idling and braking. Nowhere near as bad as my old car though!