Rattles in your Aurion

Rattles??  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My 2007 Prodigy had really bad rattles in both corners of the dash - Toyota service fixed it by putting two pieces of 1cm thick high-density foam between dash and windscreen - been perfect since. Also fixed a rattle in front passenger seat when vacant.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

until after a tree branch smashed the windscreen... since then and having windscreen replaced twice (insurance tried to skimp on glass quality)

On the second time you replaced the windscreen, who pay for it? Insurance, warranty, or youself?

Got my car serviced yesterday and i spoke to the service advisor about it

As mentioned on here he said its pretty common, and that its generally a two day job

i'll have to book mine in to get it done

seems to only happen on the roads closest to my house :angry: <_<

Meh... rattles are nothing compared to stone chips i've been hit with... :(

2 on the screens and gosh those stupid trucks! <_<

+ 1 for stone chips... though mine are all isolated to the front bumper. Man the front bumper on these cars aren't the best at deflecting stuff like that. I have all these little white spots on my front bumper. They are doing a lot of work on the side of the Centenary Highway over here and I am trying to avoid it as much as I can. There are always trucks everywhere and I'm guessing that a majority of the stone chips I have are from them. A car bra would be great, but damn they ruin the look.

Greetings guys from a Newbie. Probably too early to tell as my Presara is a whole 3 days old. Did notice small rattle in rear parcel tray and isolated it to the electric sunshade blind. Only happens intermittently when blind in the down position - a plastic on plastic buzz on some rough road surfaces. Still makes you realize how quiet and solid the car is overall if you can even notice something this small. Have noted with interest some of the horror entries elsewhere about multiple rattles particularly in pre 2008 models. Will watch (or should I say listen to) mine and report on any developments as the car ages.

My SX6 is a 2008 model and has the dreaded rattle.

Toyota have informed me they will fix it with the "official repair kit" within the next two weeks. Would have been this week but I am away on business all week.

I will be very happy when they do fix it as the rattle drives me nuts! - when I don't have the stereo on :-)

Took Toyota since march to acknowledge the problem which they now have. They also said some lexus' also had the problem. The didn't get as much hassling from me as they should have because I need the car for work and get to busy to be bothered with them. When my car went in for it's first service I really got stuck into them.

• 7 months later...
One rattle I forgot to mention is the front passenger seatbelt. Nothing that one can easily fix, just a design flaw. If you are driving without a passenger in the front, the seatbelt buckle keeps knocking against the plastic trim. Kind of annoys me sometimes.

Yeah this is something I noticed too...

It was rather funny, I used to only have the top of the dash rattle, like the common fault. Toyota DID fix that with that modified part. But now as a consequence of pulling the dash apart, the centre console now creaks n stuff. You just can't win haha. I'm going back probably next week to sort it out.

is there anywhere to find the list of recall items???

I don't think there has been any recalls which is fairly typical for car manufacturers these days.

There have been reported common widespread issues such as the "dash rattle" and "steering pulling to the left" but none of these have been handled as a result of a recall.

Most of these are just fixed during your service or if you bring it to the attention of your Toyota service Centre. And remember not everyone experiences these issue either.

I have another Rattle to add.

Drivers side door near the top but below the level of the windows towards the rear. Only on heavy chip roads and very close to my ear and annoying. It can be heard by passengers as well if I point it out to them.

Because I had the skins off and new speakers put in I went back to the Audio crowd and told them what I was hearing; they were only to happy to pull the lining out and see if anything they did might have caused the issue but everything look tight and secure.

I suspect it is in the window mechanism because it is better with the window cracked a bit.

All the Holdens I have owned within the VT range had what was often described as a creaking windows" PLEASE! I don't want that again..... :g:

I have an 07 Touring.... not a single rattle ever. 40,000 kms :lol:

Well your very lucky B)

I have had a lot of new cars over the years and I think my SX6 Aurion is by far the rattliest of them all.

I love my Aurion, I love driving it, but it leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to interior build quality.

Having said that, I can forgive all of that for it's unique raw power and handling both of which make for an exciting FWD ride.

It's also possible they (Toyota) underestimated the effect of firmer suspension on the interior? with the SX and ZR6 models.

I have made it worse of course by putting low profile tyres on. So I'll take some of the blame :huh:

• 1 year later...

One rattle I forgot to mention is the front passenger seatbelt. Nothing that one can easily fix, just a design flaw. If you are driving without a passenger in the front, the seatbelt buckle keeps knocking against the plastic trim. Kind of annoys me sometimes.

Oh so thats what that is! I thought there was like a rat crawling around that seat belt area :lol:

I only experience dashboard rattle when i drive on roads that are gravel like. i fix this my pushing on the right side of the CD tuner. Apart from that i don't have any other rattles.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a 07' Aurion Presara and the top left speaker case keeps rattling!! so annoying XD idk how to fix :( thksss

Yep, exactly same issue and area. I've fixed it by wedging a cloth between the glass and dash. I want to take it to Toyota to get a whole dash fix but I so CBF!