22nd May Sunday, Renault Clio Sport Cruise

Just wondering if any of you guys want to join in.. i will go if i can make it in time, will return from Melbourne 0900hrs that morning. Check these out:

Froggy forum - Stivo bashing

Cruise details

I seriously want to have a crack at some RCS :P (i think i have a 3/10 chance of against them and should be close if i get it right)

Edited by ZEEROLLA

I could be tempted to come see what these guys do to their cars, as many of you know I'm a Pug and Citroen fan myself and very nearly bought a Xsara VTS instead of the Stivo :blink::blink: but still glad of the choice I made... B) ;) :D

But no racing for me, you know my policy, save it for the track!!! <_< ;) ;)

I could be tempted to come see what these guys do to their cars, as many of you know I'm a Pug and Citroen fan myself and very nearly bought a Xsara VTS instead of the Stivo :blink:  :blink: but still glad of the choice I made... B)  ;)  :D

But no racing for me, you know my policy, save it for the track!!! <_<  ;)  ;)

Who said there will be racing :P ? Just enthusiastic drives along Jamberoo pass and some back roads.. i reckon the RCS are heaps quick along those twisty mountain passess.

I could be tempted to come see what these guys do to their cars, as many of you know I'm a Pug and Citroen fan myself and very nearly bought a Xsara VTS instead of the Stivo :blink:  :blink: but still glad of the choice I made... B)  ;)  :D

Who said there will be racing :P ? Just enthusiastic drives along Jamberoo pass and some back roads.. i reckon the RCS are heaps quick along those twisty mountain passess.

get some shocks, stay in lift, u'll be fine :P

get some shocks, stay in lift, u'll be fine :P

Yeh, my shocks won't do me any favours and my tyres aren't too impressive after my trips to wakefield.. The clutch is also dodgy.. hehe, it seems like my chances are now 1 in 10 :D

Ok guys if there is a big enough turn out from the corolla's im down for crusing with the RCS boys.... As i dont want to exactly turn up their on my own....

Come on guys who will join in on this one.... Im taking names

1. ZEEROLLA (meet up after lunch)

2. Xoom (yay me ... Meet at Homebush, 10am for a 1015am departure!)

Bring your CB's, UHF Channel 23 according to the guys on the RCS forum.

Place to meet in homebush

post-78-1116471864_thumb.jpg

I'm not up for the early start to get to homebush this week but I'd be more then happy to meet up in Wollongong (around 11:30 if you leave homebush at 10:15) then cruise to Kiama for lunch and Jamberoo mountain after.

EDIT: just checked the meet thread again, I'll make the 11:15 Bulli Tops meet point!

Edited by Blue_Stivo

the egg will be there breaking some hearts

anyway, ozecho and jdm style tuning will b cruising down to the gong joining up with Altezza Club, Mx5 club and clio sport club at buli

Hey egg8ox,

will u be going to meet up at homebush in da morning ?

cheers

Bill

anyway, ozecho and jdm style tuning will b cruising down to the gong joining up with Altezza Club, Mx5 club and clio sport club at buli

are any of the Echo guys doing the Royal NP run? I'd be interested in joining in there if you are? If not... see you at Bulli @ 11:15!!!

Too bad i could only get there late :(  was pretty buggered after my trip but still good to see all the cars that turned out!  Next time its Wakefield :)

dude, i keep reading that u are late to all these meets...

:P Only got home close to 2pm today from the airport, was in Melb the past 4 days. Didn't check into the forum while i was away too so didn't know if anyone was interested. But 4 Stivos turned up plus the OzEcho boys, a few cool Altezzas, close to a dozen Renault Clio Sports.. The RCSs left Kiama just as i got there. Unable to compare performance this time, but probably a good thing since my concentration today wasn't too good, fell asleep at the bloody wheel a few times..

There were even a few MX5 SPs there but i didn't see any at Kiama.. ANyway i will keep myself active at the RCS forums and hope to catch their next one..

Post-cruise comments

Edited by ZEEROLLA

man there were alot of clios!!!

here is a photo just b4 some of you headed off

gc8.jpg

There sure were plenty of RCSs, but all Toyotas combined i think we still had a bigger turnout of Toyotas than the Renaults :lol:

The EGG looks cool man, like an Influx Junior! :P Didn't even get to speak to yous ozecho boys there or check out your cars. Hopefully next time we can have a chat and a cruise together. A Wakefield trip shouldn't be too far away, would love to see you guys there and hopefully even the Altezzas and the Clio Sports of course.

Z

Hey all,

Wow - a very promising event in all. Good to see different marques and makes all mixing it. As i always say, the bottom line is that your having fun behind the wheel, doesn't matter what it is your driving.

We should definitely do this again; please keep me posted if you guys have any events you would like us involved in, and we shall do likewise!

Matt

what corolla are they talking about dragging as it was none of us ????????

plus we never really drove around with them ......

where was that posted???

I never read that, but yeah, it was none of us, we never raced anyone, just a nice leisurely cruise down the leisure coast :P

Yeah i read that on their forum if you click on my clicky that said "Post-cruise comments" there was an MX5 SP turbo that said there was a Corolla (Not specifically a Stivo) that dragged him? Maybe i should go find out and stir their nest :P

where was that posted???

I never read that, but yeah, it was none of us, we never raced anyone, just a nice leisurely cruise down the leisure coast :P

That would be Ringo stirring the pot, fella's. His MX5 is NOT an SP either; it's a titanium (limited edition).

Their were not many snobs - in fact, the only 'this car better than that car' comments i've been seeing on the other forums came from people who didn't go on the cruise. Which figures, really!

Was ringo the guy with the longish curly hair who came down Bulli Pass with the Echos and we rollas? Because he definately never raced any of us, we were very sedate and also never got any open room in the traffic (plus there were cops everywhere). Quite a good guy though, knows his Mercs inside out...