mudflaps

GK200

Hi everyone,

new to this forum, we have just run in a Silver KXS AWD so far so good. I'm wanting to know if mudflaps for the front can be bought seperately. We somehow have mudflaps on the rear but none on the front. Is this normal for new Klugers or did we get stung? trying to stop the mud and stones from hitting the side of the Kluger. An suggestions?

Hi everyone,

new to this forum, we have just run in a Silver KXS AWD so far so good. I'm wanting to know if mudflaps for the front can be bought seperately. We somehow have mudflaps on the rear but none on the front. Is this normal for new Klugers or did we get stung? trying to stop the mud and stones from hitting the side of the Kluger. An suggestions?

Klugers come standard with only rear mudflaps. If you buy the 4 mudflap accessories option, they replace the short rear mudflaps with longer ones and add two mud flaps at the front. I am not sure that the Toyota mudflaps are worth the money you might be better off with some after-market ones.

Don't know what's available aftermarket, but I had the Toyota ones fitted to mine. The genuine ones are quite easy to remove when detailing the car.

gallery_11798_641_13863.jpg

Edited by Kesawi

actually, i believe they are the same size, just custom fit as above rather than a generic one, to be honest, i didnt think it as was worth the money.

PS: watch out on your front outer tyre wear, it can be severe, i'd recommend you get it alligned straight away.

actually, i believe they are the same size, just custom fit as above rather than a generic one, to be honest, i didnt think it as was worth the money.

PS: watch out on your front outer tyre wear, it can be severe, i'd recommend you get it alligned straight away.

thanks for info, yes already had the front alignment adjusted, was pulling to the left. haven't noticed any other abnormal wear yet as only done 3,oook

$195.00 at the local Toyota dealer for mudflaps seems very over priced.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I too am very suprised that you can buy a car that doesnt come standard with front mud flaps. I am seeking some for my 2005 Kluger. As I dont like the sound of rocks flying up the side of my car when on gravel. Any Idea on price of front ones for a 2005 model anyone?

• 2 months later...

Put my front and rear mudflaps on today, looks great!

I have now also bought some Toyota mudflaps for the Kluger at much expense. But only fitted the front ones, although I think ther're a bit small. I left the rears on as the factory ones are bigger than the new type. Not worth it.

Geoff

• 11 months later...

just going back through some old threads.

I too was annoyed that my MY11 Kluger only comes with rear mud flaps. I invested in the Side Steps and found they got extremely dirty just in the first week because no front flaps. Would have been nice for the dealer to mention it.

Anyway, I rang the dealer where I got the Kluger and he said it was going to cost me $150 for a set of 4. I said can't I get them cheaper because I didn't know I would need to have them? He said, nope no special deal for you. I checked on Ebay and a guy from Sydney City Toyota has them for around $75.

While I was away on business this week I happened to look across from my hotel in Tamworth and saw Tamworth Toyota. I thought I'd go and mention the $75 set and see if I could bargain.

Well, I went in, mentioned what I wanted, and the guy said 'yep, no probs $55' even without me having to bargain! Sweet. He even showed me how they compared to the std ones and how easy they are to fit.

So, big thumbs up to Tamworth Toyota (thumbs down to Hornsby Toyota.....for now).

Rock

• 4 months later...

Hey Rockgod..

After a quick look at Ebay Sydney Toyota Parts store,

It looks like the Mudflaps for the new Kluger cost much cheaper than the previous one (pre-facelift model),

$55 vs $140

did you notice any different fitting with the pre-facelift model..?

AFAIK the ones I got were for my facelift model.

Fairly easy to replace (thanks Dad), plus I was advised to replace the supplied rear with the ones that came in the 4 pack of new ones.

Hardest part was trying to work out why there were so many screws.

After we worked out the first one the rest took about 5 mins each.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update,

decided to go and order the Colour Coded/Keyed MudFlaps (White Blizzard Pearl) from Trdparts4u.com,

have them send it to my contact in US and probably going to get in the next month or so..

and also ordered the 3'rd row Carpet Mat as well..

Will take some pictures after installing them.

Cheers,

Mario

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey JB,

The Mudflaps fitted with no problem..

they are a bit shorter than the supplied one

but I personally think they look alright.

also for mine, the rear one fit well.. i've taken some pics(below).. on which part are you having trouble?

Mario

IMG_20111115_091221.jpg

IMG_20111115_091111.jpg

Edited by p0c1

• 3 months later...

If anyone interested,

I've sold my Kluger and there are some bits that I'd like to sell if anyone interested..

- OEM Mud Flaps (Painted White Pearl) 2xFront, 2 Rears (for MY2007-2010) - $50 -Excellent Condition

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff477/p0c1/KLUGER/IMG_20111114_104750.jpg

- OEM Third row Floor Mats (Beige/Oak/Cream) Colour (for MY2007-current) - $25 - As NEW

- First and 2'nd Row Rubber Floor Mats (Oak/Beige/Cream) colour (for MY2007-current) - $20 - Excellent Condition

- H4 Phillips DIamond Bulbs (White Colour Hi/ Low Beam) - $25 (only used for 5000km)

- Bunch of LED for Plate Number Lights

Items are located in Sydney,

PM me your contact number if interested.

Have a nice day

Cheers,

M

• 2 years later...

Getting the nudge bar put on this monday!

And have noticed the amount of mud that splashes up on the front doors! So are the mudflaps any good for the $$$$?

Cheers