just a quick question

Adamsy

So on tues im having my mufflers and tips replaced, but they asked about the cat and if i wanted a free flowing one. has anybody else botherd to replace the cat on there Aurion? looking at it, it seems to be a fair size for a 6 so does anybody have an idea of how free or constrictive it is and weither it would be worth getting replaced whilst they are at it?

cheers

For the cost of a new cat, I personally think it's not worth upgrading the third cat on the Aurion. This one is rather large and should be free flowing as it is. You won't expect any gains by dropping or replacing this one.

If any cat was to be swapped for a higher flow version, you should chose the first two (one on each exhaust header). Even still, I wouldn't say it's worth it unless you go for a complete system.

when I modded my v6 camry I did replace the cat with a free flow one, It didn't make any noticeable difference. So this time when I modded the aurion I kept the old one on, as djkor says they are not that restrictive.

Yeah just as i thought. The factory one does seem to be a fair size so should flow sufficently i'd think.

hey another question. The ultra racinf strutbrace and the standard one in th sportivo's stop the front of the car flexing but every time i go up a drive on an angle i hear the rear. Now as part of the TRD package the rear got an extra brace to stiffen the back end of the car. Would this brace bolt on to the Sportivo's? i'm guessing this extra brace has something to do with the rear reo?

Now as part of the TRD package the rear got an extra brace to stiffen the back end of the car. Would this brace bolt on to the Sportivo's? i'm guessing this extra brace has something to do with the rear reo?

This has been brought up here before. Just so you know... there is no extra bracing on the TRD.

Oh right is that so? after all the spills we got from toyota reps when the vehicles were released i was under the impression that they replaced the rear reo for a bigger chunkier extruded one? mmm damm thoguht hat wa sgoing to be an easy fix for that flexing lol

daryl, where did you get that info from?

i was sure that there was something extra behind the rear bumper bar...

adamsy: get the ultra racing rear sway bar and front strut brace... even if you dont hoon around on the streets, its completely worth the money... it even makes steering feel a lot smoother and easier...

Daryl is correct in saying that there are no extra braces in the TRD's.

The 3500S has a standard steel rear bumper support, the 3500SL gets an alloy extruded rear bumper support that is supposed to help with torsional stiffness.

Other then that the body shell is the same as a SX6 or ZR6 which the TRD's are based on.

The 3500S has a standard steel rear bumper support, the 3500SL gets an alloy extruded rear bumper support that is supposed to help with torsional stiffness.

thats what i was referring to... but i thought the S had it too... :huh:

ah well... learnt something new there... :)

Supatouring:

o yes you are correct, i just looked it up on the computer and yeah, the 3500s just has the normal rear reo support but the SL has larger wider, thicker one. costs the earth two but it should bolt up though?

Secaboy: yeah i have the front strutbar fitted and now that it's nice and stiff i hear the rear of the car flex, thoguth it was going to be a easy cheap fix like the front lol.