[VIC] Sunday 7th March - Cruise & Dinner

Thanks for an excellent day guys (especially Tash and Tofuboi on their organisational parts) . Incident free day in terms of driving proves what a well behaved bunch we all are.

Just made it home as i can almost poke a hole in my radiator hose with my finger!

Awesome shots as always Lee.

Peace out

Haha zip ties to the rescue...good ole BKS :lol:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've finally made it home after having dinner at Grant's place.

Grant wanted me to let you all know that it was a very good experience for him as this was his first Cruise ever. He amongst many others were suprised the old AE92 was able to withstand so much keeping with the group and that he'll definately do it again. :)

As for what I have to say. Is today was the hardest I ever pushed my car trying to keep up with Simon (forgot ya forum name already lol (I am wrecked!)) between marysville and warburton. It was the biggest adrenaline rush I ever had in a LONG time. :) Next modification, RDA rotors! :) I want to thank Tash for the exceptional organisational skills she posesses! :) But next time we'll have to organise it as a group haha. :) Mt Macedon is a great idea too.

I have Grant's photos too but before I upload them, I want to know if anyone has issues with no plates etc so I can blank em out if wanted. :) Let me know. (Given that Lee has already blanked some out, i might do it anyway)

EDIT: I fudged up the photos but eh, here goes. :)

post-1181-1267957043_thumb.jpg

post-1181-1267957064_thumb.jpg

post-1181-1267957124_thumb.jpg

post-1181-1267957169_thumb.jpg

post-1181-1267957646_thumb.jpg

post-1181-1267957810_thumb.jpg

post-1181-1267957834_thumb.jpg

post-1181-1267957853_thumb.jpg

post-1181-1267957870_thumb.jpg

post-1181-1267957888_thumb.jpg

post-1181-1267957907_thumb.jpg

post-1181-1267957924_thumb.jpg

post-1181-1267957938_thumb.jpg

post-1181-1267957955_thumb.jpg

post-1181-1267958017_thumb.jpg

post-1181-1267958089_thumb.jpg

post-1181-1267958112_thumb.jpg

Great day guys....

Big Kudos to you guys for organising it all.

I had a great day, first outing with the twinky and it was the most enjoyable cruise day i have had, especially the section form marysville to warburton with the aurion chasing me ;).

Car held up great, zero brake fade so the upgrade to RDA slotted rotors all round and RDA / Maxistop pads has worked a treat.

Just need suspension sorted out fully and will be great little weekend car.

Matt - great new ride you have, Lee aurion looks great even with the hail dints, Andy- was great cruising behind the wagon, great stance it has......

Tofuboi, once you get new rotors / pads you will have even more fun Tash - looking forward to some pics that your friend was taking hanging out the window :)

Great day ....good to see everyone again and meet some new faces.

catch soon

Edited by jaderd

good ol cruising fun!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good job guys .... another time!

You missed a great day mate ;) ...i'm sure you would have enjoyed this one,it had it all.

not a real good photo op day mainly because the cars were filthy before we even started the cruise and the weather was very ordinary,but as it turned out this was more about the spirited but safe drive in sometimes tricky conditions on some awesome roads rather than posing for photos. :)

bring on the next one. :D

Kudos to Tash and Nathan for organising!! It was a GREAT drive! Great fun chasing Andy through the twisties!! Hehe ;)

Great to catch up with everyone, it's been a while since the last meet. And good to see new faces! :)

Matt, car looks mint.

Simon, love your little toy.

Lee, love those wheels and can't wait to see it after you lower her a bit more.

Tash, wheels are good, not too bling bling. :)

Grant, you kept up with us! :)

Nathan, nice drive without seeing too many ZREs? :P

Turbo S'tivo owners (sorry can't remember your names), really digging the look of your car.

Andy, I'll get you next time.

Regarding to my photos, it will take a while for me to upload them. I have to get mine processed, scan them and then upload them. :P

Peter.

Edited by dwee.

Great comments guys, thanks for the positive notes :D After that weekend I think I need to add a heavy duty clutch to my mod list - which is getting increasingly longer!! Very impressed with the Camry though and the strut bar was worth every penny, can't wait for that rear sway!

Lee, loved those Buddy Club's, the car looks great on the move and had a lovely stance with the coilovers. Simon, loved the Twincam as well, great for my learning curve and it certainly got a motor on :D As did Grant!! Maybe we might have given him a little modding urge heheheh Loved the wagon too Andy, those rims looked fantastic in person! And Matt, for a daily driver, that new 'rolla is HOT :clap:

Peter, that ZRE is coming along more and more every time I see it :D Good to see you having a great run on the weekend too. And James & Megan in the other gold Stivo, I had a blast chasing you through the curves heheheh And it was nice to see Lawrence again :) Last but not least, Nathan - big thanks to you for the help with organising things as well as fitting the strut for me the day before, my 'gold cousin' is still looking great!

Hope to have the piccies up tomorrow night, there will be a lot of them to sort through!! Had a quick look during the drive back home today and there are some good shots at one of the roundabouts, not sure what we got along that little straight.. So yeah, should have 'em up before too long ;)

If there was one thing I would have loved would to have got action shots of Simon and I blasting through the twisty section ahead of everyone just prior to Warburton. Would have been epic. :( Oh well!

In other news, had a strange engine management error last night going back from Grant's place, s'all good though. :) Seems it was just a small hiccup.

What a fantastic day it turned out to be! Megan and I had such a great time meeting you all. Those roads were just awesome! I haven't done something like that in a long time!! Good choice Tash! ;) Next time i'll bring out the rexy and give you all a run for your money hahaha!! JK! Should have brought it out, would have done it some good :)

Thanks again to tash for the organising! Its always a hard thing to do!

Hope to see you all again soon at the next meet or just out on the roads!

Look out for WREXXY too :D

What a fantastic day it turned out to be! Megan and I had such a great time meeting you all. Those roads were just awesome! I haven't done something like that in a long time!! Good choice Tash! ;) Next time i'll bring out the rexy and give you all a run for your money hahaha!! JK! Should have brought it out, would have done it some good :)

It definitely was a fantastic day, am glad we all had an absolute blast! I'll be up for that cruise route again in future for sure :) Would love to see the rexy too James :D

On another note I checked out some of the piccies today and have a handle on the ones I want to post, problem for me is time...I will need to blank out number plates first and then put them up, I hope to get a lot of them up tomorrow night after touch footy or Thursday night after I drive home to Wangaratta, so apologies on the delay on getting my lot up :)

It definitely was a fantastic day, am glad we all had an absolute blast! I'll be up for that cruise route again in future for sure :) Would love to see the rexy too James :D

On another note I checked out some of the piccies today and have a handle on the ones I want to post, problem for me is time...I will need to blank out number plates first and then put them up, I hope to get a lot of them up tomorrow night after touch footy or Thursday night after I drive home to Wangaratta, so apologies on the delay on getting my lot up :)

could always compress em all and send them to me and ill process em lol (blank out plates etc), your call. :) I'm dying to see em haha.

Also I got a small suprise coming from a friend of mine. Should be epic. :D

could always compress em all and send them to me and ill process em lol (blank out plates etc), your call. :) I'm dying to see em haha.

Also I got a small suprise coming from a friend of mine. Should be epic. :D

Ooo very tempting! Got a folder that's worth 1GB including the video clips, which must have the audio removed lol

Oh I love surprises!! Can't wait :D

Where are these pics Tash? :P Haha here is one i took at the servo while filling up. I hope you can make it out.

LMFAO! I got it. :P

Also the pics and what not are on the way to me via express postage. Unfortunately Tash does not have the time to process photos (remove plates etc) for public use. So I will be doing it for her. I expect to get the DVD tomorrow and i'll have them mostly done by tomorrow night. I hope. :)

Okay!

Because there's about 114 photos. (I got rid of all the ones that were either blurry (except for one or two) or some other bizarre issue) I've had to upload them to a gallery that is being hosted on my webserver.

Click Here

This is the link to the gallery, hope you all have fun and take the time to bask in the awesome photos. :)

They look great!! Barb tried to get snaps of pretty much everything lol, so apologies for the ones that are of a slightly fuzzy nature! Lots of good pics on the move, I would have liked to have moved through the pack a bit more but never mind, I can improve on that next time :D

Big thanks to Nathan as well for putting them all up, I've only just got home now to sit down for the first time so there's no way I would have had them up by now. So massive massive thanks for that :clap:

Looking forward to Peter's snaps as well!

• 3 weeks later...

Just in case anyone is interested after the cruise I actually rang and spoke to VicRoads regarding the signage between Healesville and Marysville - I know for one I was pretty confused about the signage increasing in distance rather than increasing! Anyway, here is the response I got:

The smaller triangular directional signs sitting above the route number (B360) were installed from head office (and Metro South East) and this is part of an email I received regarding the enquiry:

The "Mystery" signs along the Black Spur I suspect are the signs that I had installed to assist both the Police and motorists to locate hazards, crashes etc.

MSE chose to use the Route No and distance to Melbourne for the new signs, and the 1km spacing to minimise location errors.

So the M actually stands for Melbourne and not Marysville, thats why it increases instead of decreasing.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention as we now know what is going on with this signage. (Sometimes Regions overlap and forget to inform the others what is going on).

Just a bit of trivia for you all :)

I'm spewing I missed this, I'm really hoping to make the next one though :-)

Never mind!! Not sure when our next one will be now, probably plan for a cruise after the mega meet in June now seeings that is getting close. Would be good to organise just a meet and greet/hang out/photo day in Melb this month or next though.

• 1 month later...

I know it's wrong the bring up a very old cruise thread again. But I just want to let you guys know who attended that there was a section of the drive where jaderd and myself did some very spirited driving near warburton where you guys couldn't quite see. (We went ahead).

Anywho, I've had my friend who is a very excellent artist do some work over the past month or two with myself and I am pleased to tell you that something is coming. :P

So stay tuned. I hope at least jaderd will like it haha. It was a pretty hard drive and yeah, I wanted to preserve the memory because no one was there to photo it haha. :P