2008 Levin ZR

ok, i am sick of the orange 1992 style lights in the dash, i can see the fuel/tacho/etc display may not be changed, but the rev and speedo probably could be, does anyone have any ideas or has this been done before.

thanks

Dave... :spiteful:

*************i know the pic is of a hybrid camry, but thats is what im looking for************

post-17369-1264588102_thumb.jpg

Edited by chasercruz

Do you know how to surface mount solder? Because once you get your dash apart, this is what you will have to do. It's not particularly hard, but for beginners I would highly advise practicing on old circuit boards first because if you lift a track, you can easily ruin things.

An expensive dash cluster is not something you want to break.

Do you know how to surface mount solder? Because once you get your dash apart, this is what you will have to do. It's not particularly hard, but for beginners, I would highly advise practicing on old circuit boards first because if you lift a track, you can easily ruin things.

thanks for the reply!

do you know anyone who has done this? i have a name in the previous post, is there anyone else you know of?

Its a pretty daunting task. I do have pics of the majority of the work. If you require them i can upload them. I would not even consider it if you have never soldered or un soldered SMD's before. Too much cost involved if you stuff it.

You can always contact your local electronics repair shop, see what they would charge for it. I imagine if its already pulled apart and ready to go the cost wouldnt be too high..

Dutchie, I assume you've done it to your car as you have pics of the process...? Do you happen to know if it's really impossible to change two yellow screens (with fuel and driving information)?

Best regards, Alex

Dutchie, I assume you've done it to your car as you have pics of the process...? Do you happen to know if it's really impossible to change two yellow screens (with fuel and driving information)?

Best regards, Alex

pull the screen apart and change the backlighting?

or

pull the screen cover off and change it?

Best regards, Alex

pull the screen apart and change the backlighting?

or

pull the screen cover off and change it?

I believe it's not that easy... The structure is different than in many other cars as there is no backlight, there's many small lights which construct the image you see.

Best regards, Alex

I believe it's not that easy... The structure is different than in many other cars as there is no backlight, there's many small lights which construct the image you see.

It does look a little like an OLED display. If that's the case, well there is no easy solution.

I havent done it myself (yet :) ) but i do have the photos of most of the removal and SMD change over shots. Yes, you can pull apart the two smaller screens and replace these too..

bluedash-meter-full.jpg

bluedash-meter.jpg

bluedash-inside.jpg

Bluedash.jpg

I personally dont mind the amber combi meters, makes a nice contrast of colours..

Hope that helps.

It does look a little like an OLED display.

Yes that is exactly what I meant. Just couldn't find the words :)

I havent done it myself (yet :) ) but i do have the photos of most of the removal and SMD change over shots. Yes, you can pull apart the two smaller screens and replace these too..

I personally dont mind the amber combi meters, makes a nice contrast of colours..

Hope that helps.

Very nice, thanks again dutchie! Seems like I will proceed with tuning my car next summer, even I thought it had reached level satisfying enough... :rolleyes::lol:

Best regards, Alex