[WA] - New Car Key Replacement, how much?

Hi guys and girls, long time since I've posted.

Silly father of mine misplaced one of the keys to our ZRE152 Corolla Sedan.

I know approximately how much it'll cost to replace one, but does anyone know of any alternatives? i.e. buying the key on ebay and then have Toyota cut and program it?

Or if anyone in Perth can get a better price because they work at Toyota? Much appreciated. I don't feel like forking out $400 odd to get another one.

Cheers,

Jason

Not too sure but I would imagine that you can get keys without the central locking controls on there and I'd imagine that to be a fair bit cheaper? Could do that for now or something if it's urgent.

I'm thinking of making another spare set, but as you said, $400 is a bit steep :(

Hey mate,i got a spare key made for my Aurion by accident...i left my original key in my overalls and threw them in the laundry basket at work and i thought they were gone ( but found them the next day,typical :rolleyes: ) anyway i rang Toyota for a replacment and the price i was quoted was ridiculous and down right freakin scary. :( so i rang a few good local locksmiths,they bought a blank key from Toyota or somwhere genuine keys come from,came around to work with a laptop 20-30mins later a new key with transponder and an all metal service key (only opens door & boot,won't start car) all sorted for $160.00 inc gst. :)

btw...most good locksmiths these days are doing more & more of this kind of work due to the dumbazz prices Toyota/other dealers charge. :angry: this is what the guy that did mine mentioned.

Good luck with it mate,losing a key should not be this scary or difficult,but it seems a sign of the times,remember the old days you would just give them a key code and pay a few bucks and all was good or worst case scenario would be to buy a new ignition barrel & key for about $50 and whack it in,only drama you start gathering a few more keys.