Extended Warranty and service intervals.

Adrian

Hi,

My initial 3 year warranty expired a couple of months ago. Now I am on the extended 3 year warranty with fixed price services (It came with the car when a bought it new). What I hadn't taken much notice before but the extended warranty agreement states that the services are to be every 10K. This doesn't follow the service book.

Has anyone else got an extended warranty ? Bummer

Thanks

Edited by Adrian

It doesn't HAVE to be at 10K does it? For example you can still do it by the service book(earlier then what it says on the extended warranty). Its not like you can do it ONLY after 10K?

For example, its every 7500K by the actual service book but that is only under very harsh conditions so every second service is fine so 7500K + 7500K = 15000K service? Kind of close to 20.000?

Pretty sure they will still stamp the log book etc as its still getting services by warranty and by Toyota.

I could be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off. Someone please correct me because I'm looking at getting some extended warranty as well from Toyota.

not sure man... i have the extended warranty too... but i havent come to that bridge yet...

where did you read about the 10,000kms?

to me, it'd still be 15,000kms for the regular service...

i'll see if i can find my paperwork at lunch time and see what it says... is there any info on toyota's website?

Hi,

My initial 3 year warranty expired a couple of months ago. Now I am on the extended 3 year warranty with fixed price services (It came with the car when a bought it new). What I hadn't taken much notice before but the extended warranty agreement states that the services are to be every 10K. This doesn't follow the service book.

Has anyone else got an extended warranty ? Bummer

Thanks

Would I be right, that the fixed price is set according to the service book recommendation and as there is no costing for the specified service then this should be done freeeeeeeeee. HA HA! Suggest you try to come to an agreement to have the servicing done according to the service book and do an oil change every 5000K or 7500Ks

Edited by peregrine

be weary of extended warranties and the servicing requirements for them. You could actually consider them a whole new contract, and they most likely stipulate exactly what the servicing requirements are within the fine print.

Best to be safe and don't assume anything.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm sure that I can do the services <10K (or every 6 months as the agreement says). I will speak to the local service manager next service.

I plan to drive 1/2 way around Aust. in the middle of the year and I'm sure that I will go over my 10K. I may be able to come to some sort of agreement there.

Thanks