Trade in stock alloys?

Ascendant Rice

Was wondering if there are any places that do this?

Some places will accept your old wheels together with tires but the price they will buy them off you for may not end up being much at all because in the end, they still need to sell them and make a little profit.

Hey Will,you should be able to do a trade in...i'm trading my stock steelies & OEM tyres in on a new set of Toyo Proxes T1R's,they are giving me $50 per wheel & tyre trade in,they have been sitting in the shed for nearly a year doing nothing but getting old and hard.

i'd always hold onto them, never know when you are going to need them. And after you have traded them in for $50 a pop, and then realise how much it will cost you to get them back again either from the dealer or the same place you traded them in, enjoy that feeling...

i'd always hold onto them, never know when you are going to need them. And after you have traded them in for $50 a pop, and then realise how much it will cost you to get them back again either from the dealer or the same place you traded them in, enjoy that feeling...

Yeah i agree i'd keep mine if they were OEM alloys,but stock steel rims are a dime a dozen,most jap wreckers would have something cheap if needed.

Previously when I upgraded wheels I kept the steel wheels with some rubber on them for use at the snow as I didn't want risk scratching my alloys with snow chains

Very valid point this, I couldn't agree more

Just about every retail tyre chain in the country will trade oe wheels and tyres to sell you a new set. I have worked in the retail tyre trade for 17 years and when managing the Noosa store we traded a set of oe at least evry week. When people got to know that we had alot of oe we started getting calls from panel shops to help source oe wheels and tyres.