Sportivo 80,00km service

kizz

Hi everyone,

I'm soon due for my 80,000km service, but know how damn expensive it is, as my partner just paid $500 for her service. I seriously refuse to pay that much, considering 3/4 of the stuff you can do yourself.

Basically, i've done:

Oil and Filter

Spark Plugs

No need for air filter as i've got a CAI

Brake fluid - changed when I upgraded to Slotted Rotors and stainless steel braided brake lines

Balance on wheels - recently done

Tyre rotation - can do that myself

So, basically all I need are the fuel filters (never done them before so I'm not sure how to replace them or where they are - could always search the forums/ask so no biggie), and also all the inspections.

Would Toyota or anywhere stamp/sign the log books if i've already done have of it, or will they be required to do everything in order to fill in the log books? And, how much do you think they would charge?

The car is second hand and not under any warranty either.

Oh, and next question, are log books even really that important if your doing all the servicing to the 10,000km schedule, or sooner as a lot of people do?

Edited by kizz

Hi everyone,

I'm soon due for my 80,000km service, but know how damn expensive it is, as my partner just paid $500 for her service. I seriously refuse to pay that much, considering 3/4 of the stuff you can do yourself.

Basically, i've done:

Oil and Filter

Spark Plugs

Brake fluid - changed when I upgraded to Slotted Rotors and stainless steel braided brake lines

So, basically all I need are the fuel filters (never done them before so I'm not sure how to replace them or where they are - could always search the forums/ask so no biggie), and also all the inspections.

Would Toyota or anywhere stamp/sign the log books if i've already done have of it, or will they be required to do everything in order to fill in the log books? And, how much do you think they would charge?

Oh, and next question, are log books even really that important if your doing all the servicing to the 10,000km schedule, or sooner as a lot of people do?

$500 is about right, mine cost me $520

Fuel filter is under back seat

Log book servicing is important for resale you will get more when you sell and pretty much any mechanic can stamp log book but they wont stamp it if you have done service yourself

Hi everyone,

Basically, i've done:

Oil and Filter

Spark Plugs

$500 is about right, mine cost me $520

Fuel filter is under back seat

Log book servicing is important for resale you will get more when you sell and pretty much any mechanic can stamp log book but they wont stamp it if you have done service yourself

Thanks for letting me know.

That's dissapointing I guess.

im pretty sure they didn't charge you 500 just for changing the fuel filter! :o

otherwise 500 sounds right, though i live in melbourne and the cheapest i've been quoted from a toyota dealer is in coburg, i think they charge 420 ~ 450. Course they deduct stuff if u already done them...

edit: my bad i meant the REST of the service costs 420 ~ 450... not just the fuel filter service

i don't feel confident about changing the fuel filter by myself after reading the manual... i will ring toyota today to ask for quotes...

Edited by Kenshin X