changing fuel filter ZZE123

hey guys, i've read on how to change the filter at this post

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=11928

i tried to look in the service manual for the sportivo and havevn't found any pictures and stuff related to the fuel filter change...

maybe becuz i have adobe 9.0 and it needs 6 to run

i might uninstall the 9.0 and run 6 and see how that goes!

in the meantime if anyone has pictures esp of the rings and stuff that need to be reused please post them!

Thanks all

Edited by Kenshin X

guys, is the fuel filter different for a south african build and a jap build? one of the dealers said that the fuel filter is different depending on here its built...

and i was going to buy the ryco fuel filter for my car and i wasn't sure it would be the right part or not...

Not sure if there is a difference between Japanese or SA, but just get the SA one as all Sportivos were built there.

Any particular reason you want it changed?

not really, the service book recommends changing it at 80,000 kms, i'm at 85,000km now.

It isn't a cheap part.

actually, its not that bad (40 bucks from super cheap)...;) its the labour thats expensive (100+ from toyota :o)

i rang ryco and they said that the Z654[iT] can be used for both SA and JP builds...

i'm not very confident about changing it for the moment after reading the manual... so i'll wait for my uncle to have free time so he can help me out

If you read the warrantee/guarantee on the Ryco box it only covers the item itself, not much condolence if the repairs from failure* stretch into the thousands.

* I'm in no way saying or implying Ryco parts are bad, just pointing out the fine print.

nah its not the money i'm worried about...

its just sometimes the aftermarket ones work the same or better than the original parts...

plus i was getting the cabin filter forom the same company as well, so might as well grab the fuel filter from there too

i used the ryco ol filter and air filter for the engine and i haven't had any issues with it so far

the zze fuel filter is a lot more complicated than an air or oil filter. If you'd pulled one apart you would understand.

yeah i know after reading the manual i feel not very confident doing it... hence waitin til my uncle has time to help me... have u done it before CHA54, or u'd rather let toyota do it?

mixed opinions when im reading up on this one... some say its not as hard as it looks... i'm paranoid all the time for first time <_<

but when i learn how to do it, its sweet as :D

I've done a few, one was with a non genuine filter and it was the worst.

The hardest part is dissasembling the old pump/filter assembly to swap the top plate. You need to make sure all the o-rings etc are seated correctly otherwise your car wont run.

the fit/finish of the filter assembly was ordinary compared to genuine. I didn't bother to check the car with a wideband or fuel pressure gauge before/after to see if it had caused any running difference. Wasn't my car so I don't really care, I do know if it was my car I would have used a genuine filter assembly.

Cool thanks for the info... I'll try the ryco first and see how I go. If there is alot of difference in the performance I'll change to the denso ones...

Cheers :)