SIMOTA CAI INSTALLED

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks Good ;)

How much was the Simota again ?

I Paid $230 shipped to my door in Brisbane, $205 for the CAi and 25 shipping .... that was from

Performance Warehouse / Australian Auto Accessories

17 Moncrief Road,

Nunawading. 3131.

Phone: (03) 9845 0800

Fax: (03) 9877 5263

Ask for Mark, he seemed like a pretty good guy over the phone

Well fellas its come to this..... i've just been driving all day... :P did about 200k's today. hehe

simota is installed with the K&N extreme filter $220 :D

fitting cost me $50 through autobarn, it was easy, and bout the second mounting bracket we had to mount it ourself with a diffferent screw. its nice and snugg now. everything is going great.

Also while i was there doing the CAI i also managed to buy a hose joiner for $5 and i also did the coolant bypass at the sametime. very easy mod.. i'm very surprised how it easy it was.

heres a pic of CAI

post-823-1117608701_thumb.jpg

Danz, you're very bad for my wallet !

MWAHAHAHHAAHA, yeh well its a proven mods man, and I KNOW as much as YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT.

Now that i have experienced it. I have to say i agree with danz.

1zz its the cheapest decent CAI i could find. But i do recommend changing the pod. you'll see when you get it. simota pod looks like something you use for an oil breather :P.

Danz, not sure what coolant bypass had done yet because i did it the sametime as the CAI which is unfortunate. To say the least i know its less heat obviously as for feeling changes i can't quote on it as i have nothing to compare to.

But with CAI its a great drive and the drone out of the filter is awesome. Alot better than standard k&n.

so what exactly does this "coolant bypass" mod do ?

ok coolant runs through throttle body. the design is to prevent throttle body from freezing up. there are 2 hoses that runs through throttle body. 1 is entry 1 is exit. pull both hoses out and join together. therefore bypassing throttle body.

there is no need for throttle to be heated up as our climate aren't freezing temperatures. where i'm from... Cairns qld definately not. unless you have snow then i would reccomend doing this mod. Less heat is always good.

Danz - 1zz should really get this mod. its $200 and now that i have seen it fitted its so easy.

1zz - its good bang for buck. i see it as a cheap mod with great results. not only performance but you get this kickass drone out of the filter. but maybe coz its k&n extreme. Simota is a good product. Just drop in ur local autobarn store.

so is the SIMOTA cai the same as TRD and AEM just cheaper ?  :D or is the tubing smaller or something ?

The Piping on the Simota is only 60mm where the TRD is 70mm not to sure about the AEM, Pippy\Danz care to enlighten us :P

We took some photos comparing the TRD and Simota last night when we installe mine.... I will try and get them posted up

so is the SIMOTA cai the same as TRD and AEM just cheaper ?  :D or is the tubing smaller or something ?

The Piping on the Simota is only 60mm where the TRD is 70mm not to sure about the AEM, Pippy\Danz care to enlighten us :P

We took some photos comparing the TRD and Simota last night when we installe mine.... I will try and get them posted up

Rollamods already posted 'em for ya... :P

darkeh

TRD - 1 piece

AEM - 1 piece

Injen - 1 piece (apparently)

Simota - 2 piece

Generic brands (ebay) - 2 piece

check posts in Cold Air Intake

Correction... after more research the Injen for our rollas is a two piece... AEM or TRD is now sounding a bit more enticing coz i figure one piece is the better way to go.

Although the Injen does look something hectic...

for the fashion concious amongst us AEM also comes in a range of colours, but unfortunately not yellow so hence I'm boycotting them :P

Just kidding, I'm gradually swinging further towards the AEM side now I know the difference in diam...

Rollamods already posted 'em for ya... :P

:P We actually have photos of the Simota and the TRD sitting next to each other on Rollamods' floor..... :P they're the photos i was talking about :D

All you need is to get pippy round here and you've got the full set (unless someone has just gone and got an Injen one too)...

Was thinking of getting an Injen purely to be one of the first... but I'm a little swayed now that i found out it was a two piece... i figure a one piece is more effective..

All you need is to get pippy round here and you've got the full set (unless someone has just gone and got an Injen one too)...

Was thinking of getting an Injen purely to be one of the first... but I'm a little swayed now that i found out it was a two piece... i figure a one piece is more effective..

Just grab it, can't go wrong