Gear change issues

The only reason you were told to take it back to the dealer is due to the fact toyota wont pay us for doing the work thats the only reason. the tighta$$es. i dont see why toyota have advised the dealers about this due to the fact most of the dealers dont know anything about it anyway. its a damn shame. usually they are pretty good when it comes to this stuff.

So where does that leave me... I'm sure as hell not driving my car all the way back the Adelaide to get the guys a Cornes Toyota to look at my clutch!!!

The Warranty is with Toyota Australia not the Dealer!!! :angry::angry::angry:

So where does that leave me... I'm sure as hell not driving my car all the way back the Adelaide to get the guys a Cornes Toyota to look at my clutch!!!

The Warranty is with Toyota Australia not the Dealer!!!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

How about a new clutch kit Dylan :P

The Warranty is with Toyota Australia not the Dealer!!!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

How about a new clutch kit Dylan :P

have you still got one to sell of is it installed on your car now? I have bought myself another present though ;)

I'll still wait until I can get up to Western Toyota to see what they can do. I just do not have a lot of spare time at the moment just to drive up to get my clutch pedal looked at. My 40,000 Km service is only a month away and with Bill's story I'm not sure I can get both done at the same time by the guys at Western. :angry::angry: <_<

Westerntoyotatech - If I book my car in am I able to watch it being serviced to see just what they do too, not that I don't trust them but I'm a technical hands on sort of person and would just like to see the work in action and as it's a 40,000 Km sevice that means gear box oil and inspection, suspension and brake checks and all that sort of good stuff... :D

yeah but how hard is it to check the air filter, I did that myself yesterday :P

I was pointing out the things that are coming up for the 1st inspection with 40,000 km, though my suspension has been 'observed' at my request at every service so far, still feels wierd and still nothing done...

yeah there are spots where you can watch but are not allowed in the workshop due to insurance purposes and basically if a car falls on you, you know that sort of bull.

as about the clutch pedal fix. i was unaware up until yesterday afternoon that we did not get payed by TMCA for doing them, this is why you should have to take them back to the dealer. My boss this morning pulled me up for saying that we will do them to all cars. i then got him to change his mind and said keep doing what i am doing.

so guys we CAN do the adjustments i have been told. if you have any problems, speak with the service manager.

ok had the clutch adjustment done today, thing is i'm not sure they actually adjusted the rod into the master cylinder :(

the clutch is now about 2cm higher than it was before and makes the car a total bitch to drive as my leg always hits the wheel

but the good part of it is 1st-2nd gear changes are so easy now, not even slightly sticky

Edited by darkeh

It wasn't my intention in opening a can of worms by posting this item on this forum. I purchased my Stivo exactly two years ago in June 2003 and basically I've lived with certain issue for long enough and want them rectified without any hassles. It is now apparent to me that there are alot of upset and frustrated Toyota customers like me who just want what they paid for. I'm looking forward to hearing feedback from people who have had their car's fixed so that I can make an assessment for myself in finding a dealer that cares.

It wasn't my intention in opening a can of worms by posting this item on this forum. I purchased my Stivo exactly two years ago in June 2003 and basically I've lived with certain issue for long enough and want them rectified without any hassles. It is now apparent to me that there are alot of upset and frustrated Toyota customers like me who just want what they paid for. I'm looking forward to hearing feedback from people who have had their car's fixed so that I can make an assessment for myself in finding a dealer that cares.

Well, man.....sorry to hear about what the dealers said. I understand how it feels, I was worried and upset before I got the problem fixed, as well as I felt frustrated by the quality of the car that my money were paid for.

Luckily, I got my problem fixed before those "shxxt" dealers made those "shxxt" decisions that they are not going to fix the problem for those who purchased their elsewhere.

Well, I have a thinking. Those dealers that refused to fix cars purchased else where was because the Toyota Australia was not paying them for this. What if we pay for the fixes? What I mean is, get a quote from the dealer on how much they gonna cost for those fixes. Then if you guys are up for it, maybe organise a group fixes and negotiate the price a bit ????

If the price is reasonable, I guess it worths to give it a go. That really makes you fall in love with your car again. :rolleyes: .

Just an idea........hope that helps.

But didn't westerntoyotatechnician just say they CAN do them on cars not purchased from them?

But anyway it doesn't matter cuz i am getting my local mechanic here to do it for me, labour is close to nothing and even a full clutch/flywheel install will only cost $250. I rang Wollongong Toyota today they quoted me $700!!!!!! :angry: Then i thought i will ring the Illawarra Business of the Year - Tory Toyota and they quoted me $610!!!!!! :angry:

WTF is wrong with them!!!! :angry: They will probably charge you $200 to get the clutch adjusted!!!

Edited by ZEEROLLA

so guys we CAN do the adjustments i have been told. if you have any problems, speak with the service manager.

if this is the story, then congrats to you guys.

But didn't westerntoyotatechnician just say they CAN do them on cars not purchased from them?

But anyway it doesn't matter cuz i am getting my local mechanic here to do it for me, labour is close to nothing and even a full clutch/flywheel install will only cost $250.  I rang Wollongong Toyota today they quoted me $700!!!!!! :angry:  Then i thought i will ring the Illawarra Business of the Year - Tory Toyota and they quoted me $610!!!!!! :angry: 

WTF is wrong with them!!!! :angry: They will probably charge you $200 to get the clutch adjusted!!!

WTF??? yeah, right, it is highly possible that they are gonna charge $200 for those shxt.

Well, Zee.....give us some updates on your new clutch and flywheels man. ;)

Tells us how it feels ~

ok :D

after fiddling around with my clutch today i have it perfect :P

western toyota fixed it yesterday but also put the pedal up really high (160mm)

meaning my knee would hit the wheel as i changed gears and make it very uncomfortable.

i assumed they had just done the dodgy height adjustment and not adjusted the free play

luckily i was wrong and today i adjusted it to around 140mm and sticky gears are still gone

if anything gear changing is smoother in lift B)

so looks like western toyota is the place to take them

can't give enough thanks to westerntoyotatechnician for all his help with this issue :)

so I take it you won't be selling your car then Zee???

bring on the Datto 1600 for track days!!! :D :D :D

or perhaps follow Dave and go for a worked Celica :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am actually still looking around Dylan at 180sxs, Silvias S13, S14 and even S15s.. but i am reluctant to let go of the Stivo :( cuz its new and i still enjoy drivin it. I don't know if i am willing to part with it yet for a 2nd hand car.

So spending more money on it will ensure i keep it :D :D

bring it to western toyota in guildford

i do them on a day in day out basis.

i am not being biased or anything because i work there, we are a monitor dealership which in turn TMCA relies on these dealerships to mainly deal with a lot of the technical customer service complaints, therfore we touch a lot of warranty issues others will not.

Thats good to know, especially for the guys in Sydney... :)

Can you advise us if there is a dealership in Queensland (Brisbane) that does this type of thing? A lot of us have started using Lexus of Brisbane for our servicing/warranty and they appear to be really good (and competitively priced too - with complimantary choccies :P )

There are quite a few dealers inBrisbane, and there has been some really bad experiences with them so it would be good to find one that everyone can latch onto to...

Cheers

Aaron :)

Azza,

You mention Lexus Brisbane above. I am due for a 20,000km service in 500km's time - where are they located? It is okay to use them for servicing a Sportivo still under warranty rather than the normal Toyota dealers?

Has anyone used Toyota dealer at Springwood for servicing, they are closest to me but would be interested to hear any feedback on how they are.

Thanks.

Azza,

You mention Lexus Brisbane above.  I am due for a 20,000km service in 500km's time - where are they located? It is okay to use them for servicing a Sportivo still under warranty rather than the normal Toyota dealers?

Has anyone used Toyota dealer at Springwood for servicing, they are closest to me but would be interested to hear any feedback on how they are.

Thanks.

Hey,

You'll find them cnr Moggill & Rennies Rd Indooroopilly (07) 3327 1775

Ben is the fella that knows us all, and he is pretty cool.

As technically they are still Toyota, they will service ALL Toyota & Lexus vehicles. You'll find though that any dealer (including non-Toyota dealers) will logbook service all new cars still under manufacturer's warranty. We won't get into warranty issues here, search for those....

My Sportivo was actually sourced and registered through Sci-Fleet at Kedron, who own Lexus of Brisbane, so I then get the added benifit of a free courtesy car when they service my car, as well as the 10% privelege card discount...

They do a good job, and they know the Sportivo's, definitely worth the drive...

Cheers

A :)

im sure many other brisbanites will 2nd azz dawgs opinion :D

-great service

-good pricing (usu. a teeny weeny bit more than toyota but worth it)

-free box of chocolates :D

-able to give u loan car

-know wat they're doing

-on time

Azza,

You mention Lexus Brisbane above.  I am due for a 20,000km service in 500km's time - where are they located? It is okay to use them for servicing a Sportivo still under warranty rather than the normal Toyota dealers?

Thanks.

Hey,

You'll find them cnr Moggill & Rennies Rd Indooroopilly (07) 3327 1775

Ben is the fella that knows us all, and he is pretty cool.

As technically they are still Toyota, they will service ALL Toyota & Lexus vehicles. You'll find though that any dealer (including non-Toyota dealers) will logbook service all new cars still under manufacturer's warranty. We won't get into warranty issues here, search for those....

My Sportivo was actually sourced and registered through Sci-Fleet at Kedron, who own Lexus of Brisbane, so I then get the added benifit of a free courtesy car when they service my car, as well as the 10% privelege card discount...

They do a good job, and they know the Sportivo's, definitely worth the drive...

Cheers

A :)

Azza,

Thanks heaps for the info. After reading this thread and also searching other threads from Brisbanites I was convinced to go through Lexus Brisbane and am booked in for Wednesday next week.

Cheers,

J