205/50/R16 on a 16x8 wheel

and1

I have this exact combo on the front of my celica. Using tyres with a rim guard it doesnt look stretched at all. I have yokohama A drives on mine.

rudi7103.jpg

Don't care about stretch. How about scrubage ???

stretch is the bomb guan.

So 16x7 with a 38 offset and I won't scrub on a 205 50 16 tyres ??? :huh:

I'll let you know if it scrubs or not Guan ;)

I've got 16 x 7 +43 using 205/50R16 RE001s... Fits like it was meant to from factory... *nudge nudge Toyota* lolz

I'll let you know if it scrubs or not Guan ;)

I'm keen to find out if it'll fit as well. I recall reading a thead here that someone had 16x7 +38 had to roll the rear guards.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this pushing it?

Wheels are off the ground so will it be too close?

man that gonna look fat with tyres on.. 215/45/17 on 7.5" rims

it only scrubs the from driver side cause my splash guards are out of place lol

• 4 weeks later...

Reading through this thread, what is the benefit of going from the standard 16x6.5 on the sportivo, to something wider like 16x7 or 16x7.5

Can someone send me link or explain please

I have 205 wide tyres, and I'm hoping to take a bit of the belly out of the sidewalls over the edge of the rims whilst keeping it at 16"

whitestivo

Reading through this thread, what is the benefit of going from the standard 16x6.5 on the sportivo, to something wider like 16x7 or 16x7.5

I have 205 wide tyres, and I'm hoping to take a bit of the belly out of the sidewalls over the edge of the rims whilst keeping it at 16"

whitestivo

Stockies are 16x6 Philly! :whistling:

whitestivo

Stockies are 16x6 Philly! :whistling:

Yes stockies are 16x6.

The reason why I'm looking for a wider rim is because the stockie is not wide enough for the 205 width tyre. On Toyo Proxes T1Rs, the tyres fold on a hard corner and squirm as they have a softer sidewall than your usual performance tyre.

So I'm going a wider tyre to prevent this folding over. Plus a better offset and a bit of stretch is always a bonus :toast:

Everyone is gonna have to wait until car gets fixed. I can't wait to get them on..

so the 6 or 7 refers to the width of the rim? Right so woudl the 16x6 be causing the bulging sidewalls on my rims, I'm just not digging the look of it.

I'm trying to decide between 16x7 with current excellent tyres, or stepping up to 17x7... I'm thinking the 17's are just going to be heavier and more expensive option.

whitestivo

so the 6 or 7 refers to the width of the rim? Right so woudl the 16x6 be causing the bulging sidewalls on my rims, I'm just not digging the look of it.

I'm trying to decide between 16x7 with current excellent tyres, or stepping up to 17x7... I'm thinking the 17's are just going to be heavier and more expensive option.

whitestivo

Theres no reason other then looks for you to go to 17x7 over 16x7. Same tyre width just different profile. Save your money.

You want bulge, have a look at my rears, 245's on what I think are 7.5's. Doesn't look bad tho cause its not an aggressive offset and they're meshies.