Johnnie Levin ZR 2008

johnnieboi

Looks like the mechanic is an amateur,, and that is bullsh!t.. your intake has been there for a while.. and loads of people put intake with no problems

Have they clean the MAF before replacing it? DId they replace it last time?

so the life of the MAF sensor just last for few weeks? Is that MAF sensor dirty or not? any oil blocking that sensor?

and for your info, Toyota TECH USA site contains the full repair menu of our cars, the menu is designed for dummies. You can pay 15 dollars for 2 days to have a look.. I won't give my car to Toyota anymore..

If OBD2 scanner can read the code, why take to Toyota.. however, they are using something called TECHSMITH, certain operations (like ECU reflash) require that program to do. no one except Toyota can do it

omg, another 351.6.. that is crazy

I dont know sometimes Ben.. when i talked to them i never got a straight answer and blaming my cai for the CEL was stupid.. because i stumped him when i said i've had that intake on for over a year with no CEL.

And it was funny how my air/fuel meter magically turned out to my MAF sensor, which i couldnt get a direct answer to what was wrong with it..

'umm.. we tested it and it was faulty'... what the EFFF IS FAULTY ABOUT IT!!?!!

EFFFFFINNGG EFF EFF EFFF

If they think they can get away with things with someone who obviously loves their car and knows a 'few' things about it... and try to brush things aside with their knowledge then they are wrong.

I received a letter from them today asking me for my opinion on their recent 'service/repair' on my car. im gonna email them now.. with a piece of my mind :angry:

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

farrkkkk johnnie ! sorry to hear buddy and i thought over here was bad. Its just as bad everywhere you go! Considering to go honda or nissan as my next car due to the support and all that is out there.

that means they did not clean the MAF sensor...

have you got your own mechanic? good mechanic always open up their own shop and not staying in dealers!!!

DO not bring the car to them next time. Corolla is not something difficult to fix, not like european car

• 1 month later...

Been on stock airbox for a while now. No more CEL however sometimes on idle it drops randomly and even on one hot day recently (35degrees) it dropped to 500-600 and almost stalled. I've researched this issue a bit and its got me thinking it could be a dirty throttle body. Maybe i'll take out the stock airbox panel filter and vaccuum that as well. Any recommendations on throttle body cleaners?

I'm not sure what else could be causing it. I cant accept that it just 'doest that here and there' type thing. <_<

sigh...

Hmmm weird Johnnie; my car always idle around 600...but it's not like it's about to stall though :unsure:

Not too sure about the throttle body being dirty but I recall Vinh got the fuel pump (I think) changed to stop the idling problem.

My normal idle rpm is around 800rpm and has always been so since i got the car. I just hope its not misfiring on 3cylinders. Cbf dealing with toyota, that would bethe last option.

I'll try throttle body cleaner, clean the air filter and idle control valve first see how that goes.

Checked my idle rev when engine has warmed up and it does idle at 600rpm. I've just been reading it wrong.

Bought Nulon throttle body cleaner and gave the throttle body a good clean. Nice and clean now. Idle has been fine since the throttle body clean. Quite simple to do too.

Heres a few pics.

post-10034-0-03550100-1322551327_thumb.jpost-10034-0-90561100-1322551337_thumb.jpost-10034-0-12214200-1322551346_thumb.j

post-10034-0-61475100-1322551352_thumb.jpost-10034-0-06809200-1322551366_thumb.jpost-10034-0-65432200-1322551372_thumb.j

post-10034-0-03519800-1322551380_thumb.j

post-10034-0-71472300-1322551386_thumb.j

post-10034-0-05055400-1322551395_thumb.j

I think it does slightly help throttle response having a clean free-flowing throttle body. Mind you this is 3yrs of buildup of deposits/soot. Probli wont do it again for another few years. I did it because my idle revs were dropping randomly lately.