Aurion Wheels

Hey guys,

I would like to put some ''good looking' wheels on my 08 Aurion ATX

Any suggestions :)

Thankkks!

Hei Aurion-KEL. Welcome to the forum.

The question that you're asking is very broad. First of all, we don't know your preference, whether u want a sport theme, how big the rim is, and the budget, etc2. For personal question such as these, u r better start with the members' rides page, and then ask what should people think.

It's better to do some search in the forum, as the problem-related to wheels are pretty much covered. You don't want to choose a wheel, knowing that you will end up with lots problems despite of how good it is. Narrow it down to ur scheme, then choose from the options. We have lots of people wearing from 17s up to 22s. Again, better see it for urself, through the 'Search' forum. Try type in 20" / 19" aurion.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your stay.

Hey guys,

I would like to put some ''good looking' wheels on my 08 Aurion ATX

Any suggestions :)

Thankkks!

1270663781.jpg

im getting this next week, hope can give u some ideas :lol:

yes mate, it is in 19'... i thought 19 would be much better than 18'. and also im suprised by the price, only 1800

Is that $1800.00 package price incl. 4 tyres? Any idea about the price of 18"?

Cheers

yes, 1800 includes 4 19' wheels and 4 19' tyres.

for the 18' one, bobjane quoted me 1600 (around). which i recon the 19' is better price.

Then what happen to your existing wheels + tyres?

Cheers

Is that $1800.00 package price incl. 4 tyres? Any idea about the price of 18"?

Cheers

yes, 1800 includes 4 19' wheels and 4 19' tyres.

for the 18' one, bobjane quoted me 1600 (around). which i recon the 19' is better price.

Then what happen to your existing wheels + tyres?

Cheers

im gonna put them on to ebay. hope i can find a buyer~~

You have to make sure you get them in 19's:

IMG_1732_TGS_800x533.jpg

Those wheels look sweet, what are they and how big? The aurion in that pic has been lowered right? :)

the wheels are bboss. but i found pdw also makes the same wheels. im not sure if they are the same company.

the pdw made ones could be found at bobjane. the wheels in the pic should be 19'', and i dunt think the aurion had been lowered in the pic.

my car is lowered 19"

shot9.jpg

shot11.jpg

IMG_1732_TGS_800x533.jpg

Those wheels look sweet, what are they and how big? The aurion in that pic has been lowered right? :)

the wheels are bboss. but i found pdw also makes the same wheels. im not sure if they are the same company.

the pdw made ones could be found at bobjane. the wheels in the pic should be 19'', and i dunt think the aurion had been lowered in the pic.

Cool, how firm is the ride with the car lowered and with the 19s?

Also, does lowering the car affect factory warranty at all? I don't know anything about lowering a car as I'm a noob, other than it looks cool :)

Also, does lowering the car affect factory warranty at all? I don't know anything about lowering a car as I'm a noob, other than it looks cool :)

I've sat in a couple of lowered Aurions and feel that I can make a comparative comment.

When comparing a lowered Aurion with 19's/20's to a stock (Sportivo) Aurion with 17's, the ride comfort is noticeably different. It's not a massive change, but it's enough to notice it's slightly more 'twitchy'. That said, it doesn't take long at all for you to adjust to it and completely forget about it.

As well, springs like Kings and Pedders are a more progressive spring than the stock springs. This means that for the initial bit of compression, they are rather soft. This means that even though they are lowered, it doesn't instantly mean the ride is hardened up for your everyday driving. Most of the change in feel comes from the larger wheels and lower profile tires. The difference in comfort observed from the springs alone isn't really that much when you are driving normally.

As for the factory warranty, changing the springs will not affect it at all unless it can be proved that using lowered springs was the cause of any fault that occurs in the future.

As for the factory warranty, changing the springs will not affect it at all unless it can be proved that using lowered springs was the cause of any fault that occurs in the future.

Don't forget if the car has rattles and creaks from the dashboards, Toyota can & will argue those problems arise due to the replacement of the OEM parts. Apart from that, I can't think of any why Toyota would void their warranty.

I've sat in a couple of lowered Aurions and feel that I can make a comparative comment.

When comparing a lowered Aurion with 19's/20's to a stock (Sportivo) Aurion with 17's, the ride comfort is noticeably different. It's not a massive change, but it's enough to notice it's slightly more 'twitchy'. That said, it doesn't take long at all for you to adjust to it and completely forget about it.

As well, springs like Kings and Pedders are a more progressive spring than the stock springs. This means that for the initial bit of compression, they are rather soft. This means that even though they are lowered, it doesn't instantly mean the ride is hardened up for your everyday driving. Most of the change in feel comes from the larger wheels and lower profile tires. The difference in comfort observed from the springs alone isn't really that much when you are driving normally.

Thanks for the info. If I wanted to lower my aurion with 19s, what specifically would I ask for at pedders? Sorry I am pretty new to all this, have only had my aurion for 4 days :)

Thanks for the info. If I wanted to lower my aurion with 19s, what specifically would I ask for at pedders? Sorry I am pretty new to all this, have only had my aurion for 4 days :)

You simply go into Pedders and tell them what you want. If you tell them you want to lower it, they will suggest either springs or coilovers. This would probably result in them charging you full price though, so instead, when you go in ask them what is the best deal they can do for you for some Sport Ryder lowering springs and fitting.

I'd personally recommend getting King springs if you want to go that way, or if you do go for coilovers, ten go for Pedders. Up to you really. Just read around since people prefer one over the other.

my car is lowered 19"

shot9.jpg

shot11.jpg

IMG_1732_TGS_800x533.jpg

hey mate, how much did u pay for your wheels?

and how many mm did u low ur aurion? u changed to kings spring to low ur aurion right? how much did that cost u?

thank you

Probably the first and only time I have disagreed with DJKOR but I find my ride comfort acceptance level getting progressively more annoying. I have King Springs with original Shocks and 19"s and I find my comfort level is ok but nearly annoying to a level that I am considering putting the original shocks back in.

I barely speed, I barely launch and I take every corner at a normal pace.

When my Aurion becomes my wifes daily driver in about 6 months I will put putting the springs and 17s back on.